3,497 results
All reviews continental breakfast pineapple juice great location boogie boards beach gear courtesy room two blocks tea and coffee rooms are small junior suite bus stop free wifi air conditioner valet parking short walk to the beach late flight would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2018

We liked the location, staff, fixtures/decor, and cleanliness of the hotel. We disliked our room size and noisy air conditioner and the limited breakfast options provided (no big deal, we got our own, but were just looking forward to it as a nice bonus!)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management T, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Hi J3551,
We appreciate the candid feedback. Thank you for your nice comments about our location, staff, decor, and cleanliness of the hotel. However, we're sorry that you found the air conditioning to be disruptive during your stay with us. I hope that this incident didn't put a damper on your entire stay on Oahu. We do hope that you give us another shot in the future as we greatly value your business.
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Excellent B&B Hotel with the perfect location to enjoy Waikiki and explore its surroundings.
Very friendly staff, standard room including all needs.
A.C. is rather noisy and might affect sleep .
Plenty of eateries in the direct neighbourhood.

Hi Yolande H,
We're so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Your kind words about the staff, location, and property are appreciated. Thank you for your review and the very high rating! We hope that you continue to make Vive Hotel Waikiki your home away from home when returning to Oahu in the future.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2018

I first noticed Vive Hotel Waikiki when I stayed previously at a nearby AirBnB condo. I am definitely happy I tried Vive. Beyond it being located 2 short blocks from the beach (where a hula show occurs 3x/week) and at the end of Waikiki (rather than smack dab in the middle of it,) the service offered by folks like Preston, Romeo, Ryan, Erwin, KC and the continental breakfast lady who's name I did not get exceeded my expectations. I am a business traveler (though I was here for vacation) so I really appreciated the friendliness and the degree of care w/which my requests were tended to. I was interested in a junior oceanview suite but was told upon arrival that one wasn't available for the duration of my stay. I mentioned this again the next day to Preston who went forth and not only found one but on a high floor. He phoned several times as he worked to see what he could find for me. He really went above and beyond, and he didn't have to. Thank you, Preston.

I enjoyed the continental breakfast, especially the pineapple. The woman who managed it did a fantastic job and was always so positive and pleasant. The area was consistently clean and food quickly replenished, even with the high volume. I also enjoyed the water, coffee and tea service available throughout the day and evening as well as the daily newspaper. The common areas were mostly clean (except when people left crumbs behind on the table,) brightly lit, well appointed and comfortable. No soiled pillows and such that I've seen in other hotels.

The valet service was fab! I never had to wait more than a few minutes for my car and the gentlemen (Romeo, Ryan and Erwin) were especially friendly. I enjoyed speaking with them.

Even though my room was small (I had a queen oceanview,) it was comfortable, clean and mostly updated. Little things like wearing on the chairs, chips in the wood on the bureau where the fridge is, glass table top not glued to based (which I noticed in a Jr. Suite) could be improved but I was pleased with my room. The aforementioned are actually reasons why I didn't ultimately go with the Jr. Suite.

When I had requests for maintenance, they came quickly and resolved the issues. I appreciated that beach towels and mats were available for use each day. I didn't use housekeeping much but from my limited interactions with them, they were always friendly and on their job as evidenced by the cleanliness of the common areas. I was really pleased with my stay, and mostly due to the quality of service I experienced from several staff members. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable.

Room tip: The ocean view is worth it. I was on the 18th floor which was quiet and had a great view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi leidene,
Thank you for taking the time to write your very glowing review! We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy our amenities, location, and amazing guest services. We are lucky to have Preston, Romeo, Ryan, Erwin, Kasi, and our breakfast attendants! When planning your next trip to Oahu, we hope that you think of us. Till next time, take care!
Best,

Reviewed April 16, 2018

Just a couple blocks away from Kalakaua Ave, which is where the action is in Waikiki. This trendy hotel has a friendly staff and a very positive atmosphere. Though the room was not spacious, we found it to be cozy and neat and the bed were comfortable. Breakfast was good and overall service is excellent. We found Romeo at the valet to be exceptional, who was our go to guy during our 5 day stay. We felt very at home in this hotel and highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vive Management T, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Hi ninarawlings9,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. The recommendation and all your compliments are truly appreciated. I'm sure Romeo is pleased to know that he helped make your stay a positive one. We look forward to a return stay should you come back to Waikiki.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

The Vive Hotel is a great spot to relax. We did find the standard rooms to be quite small, so we upgraded to a Jr Suite (an easy process). The breakfasts were great - not an overwhelming selection, but healthy assortment of fruits with coffee, bakery goods, and eggs. Staff were all friendly and helpful. The location of the Vive is ideal - a few blocks from the beach and easily accessible to other amenities around Waikiki.

Date of stay: March 2018

Hi evansheppy,
On behalf of the staff and management at the Vive Hotel Waikiki, we would like to extend our genuine appreciation for selecting to stay at our boutique hotel. Thank you for the compliments about our breakfast, friendly staff, and ideal location in Waikiki. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the upgrade to our Junior Suite room.Thank you for your valuable business and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back one day.