“Sometimes, size does not matter.”
Review of Vive Hotel Waikiki

Vive Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne, Australia
“Sometimes, size does not matter.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I arrive at night time, was greeted with the warmest welcome and fresh juice as well as cold towel. Hotel was quite small, but very pretty. Checked into the room and quite surprise with the room size, as I was expected to see a big room (you know.. US = big size). It is like checking into Japan's hotel room. But it was fine for me because I was checking in by myself, Continental breakfast is included, enough to fill your hunger till lunch time with coffee and water infused lemon serves all day!! Perfect coffee too, I can't ask for more.

Bedding was soooooooo comfy. There was a moment where I really want to stay in bed and not going anywhere.

Location is perfect, I dont hear noise from the street, 1 block to the duke's statue beach and right next to a bus stop that takes you down town and anywhere you want to go!

On check out time, night shift staff helped me to weigh my bags and helped carry to the bus since it was accidentally getting heavier. :)
All in all, I would definitely stay here again and might be staying in the suite if I am taking my boyfriend with me.

Room Tip: If you really don't like small room, get a suite as you might feel a bit claustrophobic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dillingham, Alaska
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Over our 12 day stay we thoroughly enjoyed the courteous and helpful staff. Requests and questions about local attractions were answered thoughtfully. Admittedly our room was small, but for the price and location we feel like it was a bargain (we didn't go on vacation in Hawaii to spend all day in the hotel room). The hotel is less than two blocks from the beach and the main tourist street. You can walk to everything in Waikiki or if you park a car at the hotel, it is $25 a day, but you can take the car in and out as many times as you want per day. Seems expensive, but after more research in Waikiki, it is actually a decent price. The hotel provides beach towels and beach chairs if you ask for them. Our favorite "extra" was the included breakfast. The fresh fruit and pastries each morning were wonderful and the coffee was tasty, not the crap a lot of hotels serve.If you have allergies you will be happy to see how they set out each item so they do not mix. For me this was key when avoiding some fruit. My only suggestion would be if you are diabetic the breakfast doesn't have any protein, so plan accordingly.
Overall, yes the rooms are on the smaller side, but the price allows for you to enjoy other things in Waikiki instead of spending all your vacation money on just the hotel. We were very happy with the hotel and would return. We've recommended it to several friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice H
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we pulled into the valet, we both felt taken care of. The valet, front desk and maintenance staff were friendly and upbeat. After check in we were greeted by Jacqueline, who I believe is a manager (?), who offered us juice and info on Waikiki happenings.

The room was nicer and roomier than expected. Comfortable bed and roomy shower. Noise level was super low, considering we were on a lower floor on the street side.

We've stayed at larger hotels in Waikiki, and have both agreed, that this has been the best hotel stay yet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed March 30, 2014

First and foremost the staff from the front desk,concierge,breakfast staff and cleaning staff were all excellent. Very efficient and always with a smile. Checking in and out took only a minute. The room was not big but had everything you needed and it was cleaned,fresh towels and the bed turned down daily. For the price, it far exceeded my expectations. Will stay here whenever I come back and will recommend it to anyone who is coming to this paradise. Thank you Vive staff for a wonderful stay at your hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A good base for exploring waikiki, just a couple of blocks back from the beach and right in the heart of everything you might need. A very smart looking hotel with a clean and cosy room, it was a pleasure to return to after being out exploring all day. The only minor grumble i had was the traffic noise, which even from up on floor 14 was still a bit loud, but probably not enough to put me off staying there again.
The staff were always friendly, polite and helpful. One minor issue was being mistakenly woken at 4am on my second night with a wake up call mistakenly being logged for my room, but was made up for with a box of chocolates and a letter of apology. These things happen.
I'd be happy to return anytime.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tw2310
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This small hotel was just to our liking and started our Hawaiian trip off to a wonderful start. We stayed here at the beginning and the end of our holiday and neither time disappointed us. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Especially Jackie the concierge who assisted us to get married in Waikiki beach with only a few days notice. Had it not been for her our marriage would not have come off. We will be eternally grateful to her!!
The hotel lobby is modern and welcoming with comfortable lounges and furniture. The continental breakfast is a great way to start the day.
We had 2 rooms and both had everything one could need with a comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom.
The location is ideal - a block back from the main road along the beach with good bus access just outside the door. This location is convenient to everything in Waikiki.
If you are planning an active holiday where you only sleep in your hotel then this is ideal. We cannot recommend it highly enough.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

What this hotel lacks in size and amenities it makes up for in customer services. The rooms a very small and dark but location is only three blocks from the Waikiki beach. The front staff were very helpful. They suggested great places to eat and and shop. They also helped us organize getting around without a car. Having access to beach chairs, towel and boggie boards was an unexpected bonus.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple