“Excellent stay”

Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for a week during our visit to Waikiki and it was an excellent experience: friendly and helpful staff, clean room and complimentary breakfast !
Location is amazing: very close to everything and just a few steps from the beach with great places to eat (korean and japanese).

Definitely recommended !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kahului, Hawaii
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I just checked out after a 2 day work trip to Honolulu. Once again I experienced fantastic service. I've stayed at the hotel quite a few times and the staff seems to understand my specific needs and really go out of their way to accommodate me. The hotel is modern, clean, and very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike W
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed February 13, 2014

As a new mother I do not often have the opportunity to get away. Recently I was fortunate enough to take a trip with a few of my girlfriends to O'ahu. The phenomenal service that I received at the Vive Hotel was simply the icing on the cake to an amazing trip. I have always heard of the aloha spirit but the staff at Vive truly gave me the opportunity to experience it! Everyone I interacted with was friendly and extremely genuine, qualities that are often hard to come by in the service industry. Unfortunately I do not recall the names of each the staff members who helped us but a gentleman named Kevin stands out in my memory. Kevin always had a smile on his face and warmly went above and beyond with accommodating us. Neither myself nor my friends are particularly planners but Kevin truly went out of his way to suggest activities for us to do and sights to see.
The team at Vive hotel truly helped make our trip one to remember and if I ever do get a chance to visit Hawaii again I know where I'll stay and exactly who to call!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the heart of the action. There are restaurants, souvenir shops and the beach right within walking distance. The staff was great and very friendly. Concierge was very helpful. The only negatives is the noise from the street if you have a beach facing room. The ac unit was a little noisy as well. With ear plugs, the noise was bearable enough to sleep through... Although, I'm a light sleeper.
They provided complimentary breakfast but was very limited in the selection, just a handful of different baked goods, plus coffee.
The hotel provided complimentary Beach towels, mats, and beach chairs for borrowing. Elevators were fast.
Rooms were small but very modern. I compare the size to a typical downtown New York apartment.
No laundry or kitchen tho.
Rental car hertz is right around the corner. Bus stop is right next door to the hotel entrance.
Great for the price!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie H
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel but I just feel like it was way overpriced for what you get.

Pros: The hotel is clean and the location is nice

Neutral: The staff was friendly but there was no "wow" factor that you'd expect from a boutique-type of hotel. No recognition - we felt like we were just another room number (and this isn't even a big hotel).

Cons: way overpriced for quite possibly some of the smallest rooms in Waikiki. And I mean small.

It was just so hard to see any value in the hotel when amenities were few and the price was so high. Admittedly, we booked in January and apparently that's a pretty busy time in Waikiki. However, there are definitely other choices in Waikiki that offer a much greater value. I wouldn't have minded the price if the product and service matched - but unfortunate those two things didn't live up to the expectations.

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Huisungg
Daniel S, Front Office Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Huisungg,
Aloha and thank you for choosing Vive Hotel Waikiki for your recent travels to the beautiful island of Oahu. I greatly appreciate that you took the time to write a review to share your experience.
Being a smaller property, we always strive to remember all of our guests, after all, they are the sole factors that drives our business. Here at Vive, we truly understand the importance of guest recognition and I do apologize that it did not appear this way to you.
As far as the rooms, as you mentioned, our standard rooms are not exactly very large. For this very reason, we openly mention on our website that the standard rooms are about 210sq. ft. so that it does not come as a surprise to our guests. We also do have junior suites as well to accommodate those wanting larger rooms.
While I do not know the exact details of your reservation but seeing that it was for January, this is one of the peak season for hotel accommodations here in Hawaii. Rates are always driven by demand as in any business, in this case hotel occupancy percentage, which drives the rates. I do hope this gives a better justification and understanding to the rate.
On behalf of staff and management, I apologize about the shortfall in the expectation. In spite of everything, I can only your time here on Oahu was still enjoyable. Thank you again and take care.

Mahalo,
D.Sakakibara
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Really nice hotel! We were there in a peak season (December/January) and the price was good enough in comparison with other locations. Very small rooms, but very clean. The hotel seems new and all the furniture etc was in a very good shape. The location is awesome, 5-7 minute walk from Waikiki. The complimentary coffee, tea and water is in the lobby round the clock, and the coffee was the best we had in USA (Europeans will know what I mean with American-style coffee). Continental breakfast (sweet bread and fruit) is a very good bonus, especially in expensive Hawaii!! :)
Worth recommending!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at the Vive for the last two weeks of January, 2014. It is a very stylish and clean boutique hotel. The continental breakfast was very good; it included pastries, fruit and juice. Coffee and ice water were also available all day long. They also supplied chairs, boogie boards, towels and umbrellas. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job. We have stayed in five different hotels in Waikiki over the past five years. The Vive is our favorite because of the friendly, helpful staff. Every time we came back to the hotel we were given a welcoming smile.

One particular staff member, Kevin, made our stay extra special and he is our favorite! He was helpful, accommodating and funny. He went the extra mile to make our stay special. Because of our experience, and particularly thanks to Kevin, we will definitely return to the Vive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends