“Awesome Stay!”
Review of Vive Hotel Waikiki

Vive Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed January 28, 2014

What a great little hotel. I booked through Hotwire, so I didn’t know I was going to get this hotel but I’m really glad I did.

My first impression was a great one with the front desk staff. Friendly and efficient.
The room is small, and the bathrooms are very small. However, my personal “thing” with hotels is cleanliness. I don’t care if the room is big or small, it’s got to be clean. (I worked in the hotel business for 17 years, so I’m a little picky). Vive exceeded all of my expectations. There was nothing wrong with the rooms and their cleanliness. I was very impressed, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay because of the care with the room.

Vive is a select service property (No restaurant, no bar, etc). What they do offer, they do well. The continental breakfast in the morning is simple but nice. A couple types of fresh sliced fruit, a couple types of fresh pastries, coffee, tea, and juice.

The location is great. 2 minutes to the beach, and fairly central to everything else. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Wonderful location/1 minute walk to the beach, great staff and nice amenities. Sure, $25 for parking is expensive, but every hotel charges this. The free breakfast is basic, but does what it needs to do (rolls/coffee/fruit/juices). My room was small, but nicely equipped/comfortable. I was by myself, so I did the smallest room they offered, for reference. The absolute best part of this hotel is the fact that they well let you come back later in the day after you've already checked out and park for free and use a room for free to change/shower/get arranged before you head to the airport for an overnight flight back to the mainland. This was a life savor as I was able to fully enjoy the island (swimming/getting full of sand) and then change back to my Minnesota winter-wear before heading back to the frozen tundra. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mulled01
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our first time in Hawaii and thanks to the Vive Hotel and beautiful Waikiki, it won't be our last!
We arrived into Hawaii very early and extremely exhausted from a long flight - we were told our room would not be ready for a while but we were welcome to have breakfast and coffee...About 15 minutes later, a room was found for us. I can not express how grateful we were for that, thank you Beverley!
For the first night we stayed in a cosmopolitan room which is a good size for singles and couples. From the second night onwards, we stayed in a junior suite which really suited us (and our shopping bags!) The décor was beautiful, modern, clean and new, really lovely.
The location of the hotel is perfect, not even a 2 minute walk to the beach, main strip and endless ABC stores!
What makes the Vive Hotel really shine is its staff. I'm afraid to name people in case I leave someone out but here goes...Jacqueline has a smile for you every day, remembers what your plans are and genuinely cares about your time in Hawaii. Kevin couldn't do enough for you, you'd ask for something and in a blink of an eye Kevin had it already organised. Beverley did so much to make our stay comfortable and was extremely informative and helpful. Michael assisted us greatly with a special request that we had. The ladies that organised breakfast every morning were so beautiful and friendly, even re-ordering my favourite muffins when they had finished so I could enjoy them the next morning! If I have missed anyone, I am sorry. You are all appreciated and equally special and unique!
Thank you very much for making our stay amazing, can't wait to come back! Dario & Amalia.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had an awesome stay at this hotel. Kudos to the staff who were friendly and helpful. A special shout out to Kevin and Cody.
This hotel is very close to the beach, it's modern and centrally located.
Vive supplies beach towles and chairs, boogie boards, AND a complimentary breakfast. The rooms were clean and the furnishings were comfortable. Free Wi-fi was a nice addition. Mahalo to Vive. We can't wait to go back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

It's an excellent hotel to stay at in Waikiki. It is chic yet very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the parking valets. This hotel is in a great location - walking distance to beach, restaurants, shopping and bus stops. The hotel provides great amenities such as complimentary continental breakfast to start the morning; complimentary beach towels, chairs, boogy boards (upon request) for trips to the beach. I love the set up of the hotel breakfast area, there are various comfortable sitting areas with small tables and there is also a breakfast bar. It is well appointed and inviting.

The rooms are modern and very comfortable. It is very clean and we loved the HUGE walk in shower. The bathrooms very clean and neat. There were two air conditioning units that quiet and kept the room nice and cool - very important for me after being out in the sun. The room had lots of outlets for my electronics. Our room had a lovely view of Diamond Head and partial ocean view, very enjoyable while I work on my computer. Parking is by valet only. I really like it, the valet were great. They were friendly and provided fast service.

We really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Great service and great place!

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner suites are large and quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We flew over to Oahu for the weekend from Maui to get away for a bit. We had reservations at a very large resort which isn't really our style to begin with. We ended up moving over to the Vive, and are extremely pleased that we did.

The lobby has a very fresh and chic look to it with contemporary furnishings and fun electro lounge music. All the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and genuine.

We stayed in one of the junior suites. The room was quite large, extremely clean, there were ample outlets as well as a desk for our electronics, a huge closet and more storage under the bed. The bathroom was our favorite part. Again, very clean and fully equipped, but the ginormous shower is what really stood out. There is something fabulous about having a shower that is probably larger than some hotel bathrooms I've seen.

The atmosphere at the hotel was great. It was large enough that we definitely felt that we had plenty of privacy but small enough that you didn't feel as though you were going to get lost in a crowd. We encountered several of the same staff members throughout our stay. They were always willing to give suggestions and make sure our stay was fantastic.

This hotel has a great location and would be a lot of fun to travel to with a group of friends. We will definitely be back to the vive and will be recommending it to our friends on Maui.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

In a nutshell I'd say fabulous staff and great location! One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in for sheer helpfulness (and I've travelled worldwide and stay in a hotel on average once a week). The concierge, Jackie, absolutely stood out for me, as she was unbelievably helpful before I'd even arrived. I had a lot to plan and I'd been emailing her weeks before I'd arrived (my parents were joining me over Christmas for their 40th wedding anniversary), nothing was a problem. She continued to help me throughout my trip recommending great places to eat and drink, as a single girl, as well as fab activities I could take part in. I left feeling like I was leaving a friend behind! The rest of the staff including George (concierge) and Kevin and Beverley (reception) were supremely helpful and friendly too - day and night (the reception is manned 24 hours). I simply can't fault them. The hotel is literally two blocks from the beach and the main streets with all the shops, restaurants, bars, other hotels. I felt very safe walking around at night from the hotel to these locations. Nothing was more than about a 10 minute walk away along very busy streets. The breakfast was simple - fruit and pastries, with a selection of teas and coffee, but that was perfect for me as I'm not a big breakfast eater and was off to learn to surf. Throughout the day and night there was always complimentary teas and coffees. The breakfast area is really cute with a range of breakfast bar, comfy chairs, benches and tables and chairs. The rooms are immaculate, comfy and minimalist in a modern, cool way, with neutral decor. I felt very at home! I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel. It really is an obvious choice, especially if quality of service is the most important thing to you! Outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family