The Shiatsu and Massage Center
Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great massage!

My family and I had a great experience at S&MC! We called the day before and asked about getting... read more

Reviewed October 25, 2018
carriecgreen
Sacramento, California
via mobile
enjoyed our couple's massage

We stayed at the Hokulani just a few doors down. I'm pregnant and had been researching good places... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2017
Alyse F
Corona, California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Honolulu
from $146.61
More Info
from $146.65
More Info
All reviews hour massage decent massage therapist toko tension waikiki
Reviewed July 5, 2016

If you are looking for affordable and high quality massage in Waikiki this is the place to go. For me the massage itself is the most important aspect (above ambiance) and this place delivers. We visited twice in one week during the end of our vacation. The therapists are very good. We did have to wait a significant amount of time beyond our appointment time on one of our visits, hence 4 stars and not 5. Clean, semi-private, centrally located and worth the $$.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

My wife insisted we get a couples massage. Even though the prices were a bit steep, the place seemed clean and nice enough, so I agreed.

Fifteen minutes into a forty five minute massage, I felt a bit disappointed. The massage wasn't really massaging at all. I made a few suggestions and adjustments but still the overall experience was just decent. Especially for the price.

If your in the neighborhood and in need of a massage, you can definitely do better.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank juwanuno
Reviewed March 25, 2016

My husband and I decided to get a massage while on vacation and this parlor was close to our hotel and reasonably priced. My husband's massage went fine but mine was terrible. I've had several massages before and this was the first one I went into feeling fine and left extremely sore. The lady barely spoke English and she was literally on the table digging her elbow into my lower back and hips. I told her several times it hurt and finally when I was bawling because of the pain my husband's massuse told the lady I think that's to deep. I was done by that time, was still charged full price and they automatically figure in the tip.

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Lacey W
Reviewed February 24, 2016

I'm so glad I finally found the time on my trip to get a massage. I was kind of concerned about the curtains dividing the rooms when I first walked in the back, but within the first 5 min of the massage I truly didn't care anymore, WOW! Toko the massage therapist I had gave me an amazing massage, I can't wait to go back!

Only one suggestion, It would be nice to have a showers to be able to wash off after the massage. :-)

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank lakegirl907
Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for a 60min 'lomi lomi' massage and what we got was not that at all. I am a remedial massage therapist and I was appalled at the treatment I received. The treatment was more a remedial massage but I can't even say that as the therapist techniques where different on both sides of the body. My boyfriend said with his therapist he didn't even go over to one side as there was a curtain next to him and the male therapist couldn't go around. When my therapist got to the backs of my legs she performed very deep pressure behind my knee which is a big no no in massage....at that point I was very tempted to tell her to stop.
When our treatment was over and went out to pay I told the owner that we were not happy at all with our treatments and that we did not receive what we aked...he said the therapist I had only done one type of massage...which is unacceptable as if a client asks for a certain type of massage that is what you give and should be highly trained in it.
It reminded me of the bad asian massage places back in Australia.

Date of experience: February 2016