“A great discovery away from the tourist traps”
Review of HASR Bistro

HASR Bistro
Ranked #533 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A great discovery away from the tourist traps”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

OK, so here is the bottom line. Great food. Reasonable prices. We had the short ribs over risotto and the Mahi Mahi over Hawaiian veggies. Both were excellent. The menu offers a nice selection. The service was attentive. The owner welcomed us very warmly and the chef came out to say hello. The outdoor seating (there is indoor seating as well) and live music made for a relaxed and pleasant environment. Whether you are planning a romantic dinner or a fun time with friends, this is a reliable choice. Located in the Chinatown district, away from the tourist zone. Thank you Ben & Maila for the recommendation.

Visited January 2014

Honolulu, Hawaii
“I'll be definitely back soon ”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I usually take all picture of each dish when i eat out . But today, i totally have forgot to do so even my friend. Because we were so excited when the first appetizer was served. Eggplant souffle... I honestly don't like it but tried for one bite and finished up half portion (shared with my friend) without letting my folk down on table, haha. That was amazing. Blackend Ahi salad was the best nicois salad I have ever had. Ahi was good and warm salad was really really perfect and I can say that I will be back here for this. We were in trouble to choose for main since all entree was looked good and we chosen Cioppino. Tasty, yum. Ordered scoop of rice. We're stuffed but could not finish without dessert. Banana bread pudding was unique but no surprise. We finished up all dishes but they might be too much for two people if u order same as us. I will definitely try Ossobucco and onion soup next time. I will keep visit till I taste all of their menu.

Honolulu
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The first time I had the osso buco. Not what I had ordered and not a veal fan, but it was pretty good. This time I had salmon and Greek salad. The salmon was fresh and cooked perfectly, not overly cooked or dry. The Greek salad was good too. The acoustics made it a bit noisy, and while service was prompt and attentive for us, it may have been a bit slow for our various neighbors. My guest also had opah and the Greek salad and he was impressed. Price for my dish was around $17.Seemed pretty reasonable considering the size and freshness of the salmon. I went for lunch so can't comment on the live entertainment that they sometimes have at night.

• Visited December 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“PORKCHOP!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Dinner with friends to a restaurant that was not known to me. Location, at night, in "downtown" Honolulu gave me some idea to expect something good. My friend likes fine dining, loves wine and this place didn't disappoint. One can buy win in their liquor store and drink it in the dining room. Great bargain. Food was good(appetizer), but their porkchop was great. Huge! Worth the visit. I thought it was a mistake by the waitress , it looked like a huge slab or prime rib. Will be back again on my next visit. Found out later that my daughter went to lunch the same day and is also a favorite place for her too.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank itaewon-mickey
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food with brilliant singers”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went along to this restaurant as we wanted to listen to the music of Danny Couch who was appearing that evening.

Food and service was faultless, try the beef pie dish, it is scrumptious!!

Apparently good singers on most evenings, but by far the best is Danny Couch - what a singer, and a very nice person as well.

• Visited October 2013