“Pleasantly surprised!”

Dining options: Reservations
honolulu
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

On a Tuesday afternoon after work we were looking for a place to have an early dinner. We decided to try this restaurant. We actually live a few blocks from the restaurant and have driven by hundreds of times and see lots of people through the window but hve never dined here. There is lots of parking and the lot was pretty empty and we were happy abou that. The restaurant is pretty big and there were only 2 other tables occupied as we were seated at a window seat. The menu is very extensive. We both went with the special $12 lobster when you order a separate entree. I ordered the garlic butter lobster, seafood with choi sum entree and 2 abalone cooked in garlic and my friend ordered the lobster with black bean sauce and stirfried shrimp over cake noodle. The lobster was very good as well as both entrees, but what I really enjoyed was the abalone - which is one of my all time favorite dishes. The service was prompt and they kept refilling our water glasses. We were very pleased with our dinner and would be coming back for more. We are even thinking of having a family gathering there as the restaurant seems able to handle large parties. I'm sure my family would enjoy this place.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Kauai, Hawaii
“Lobster it is”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

If you like lobster, this is the place to go. You can get a lobster for $12 if you order another entree. Go to the back of the room and check out all the lobsters there....oh man, there were lobster that weight at least 7 pounds. When you order the lobster, they will bring it to your table for you to take photos. Good Chinese food.

Visited January 2014
Honolulu
“Lobster Hands”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I love this place. The fried tofu with little shrimps is awesome. Twelve bucks for a lobster with any entrée, don't mess around get the salt & pepper style, winners.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Matthew F
Hawaii
“Why are dogs allowed?”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When I first went to Lobster King the food was very good. On my last visit, not so much. I think I could live with that, The first time I went was for dinner. On my last visit I went for lunch. In the light of day, I could actually see that the restaurant was not as clean as I like to see. The worse part was that some ladies next to me had their dogs with them. The dogs were definitely not service dogs, Why this is allowed baffles me. Must be they were steady customers. Still no excuse to allow this to me.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank HKJeff
honolulu
“Lobster is KING!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Celebrating Mother's Day at Lobster King was a pleasant surprise. At first glance, the place was non descript with many people standing outside. I recommend making reservations. Our wait was minimal. Driving into the parking was a challenge as a tour bus had just brought a crowd for dinner. But parking attendants assured an easy path to an open space. The black bean lobster was delicious. We also enjoyed the deep fried tofu, honey walnut shrimp, and peking duck w/bun. Our major disappointment was the minute chicken on cake noodle. Very bland. Compared to the other tasty dishes, just don't order it. $110 for a party of 8. Good deal. Try it!

• Visited May 2013