“fely”

Marina Tower Waikiki
Ranked #84 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked a room at the equuis hotel and I needed to change rooms to one that would be quiter then the one I was in.
I asked the hotel staff could they honor my request and they did with no issues and I was very pleased, The staff is ALWAYS nice and helpful everytime I have stayed.
I would HIGHLY recomend the hotel to my friends, It has an excellent location and if you request a room with an ocean view they delivered 110% I stayed in room 3701 all I can say is WOW! and thank you.
So if you want a stress free hotel experience I would recomend you try this Hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great view from the room at a more accessible price. We were nicely welcomed with the traditional shells lei and with nice pineapple in the room.
The elevators offer a spectacular view when going up to your room. The beach is really 5 min to walk.
Unfortunately during the night I saw some bugs coming out from the kitchenette which is not really nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnaMaria B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a funny hotel, it's part of a complex of 3, so you enter via Equus, which was confusing to start with. I booked through Agoda, they had difficulty finding the reservation.
The bus boy was excellent and very friendly, stored our luggage while we waited for check in, nothing was too much trouble for him.
My friend's room looks like it was renovated recently, mine wasn't.
Neither of us had hair dryers, so had to request - just a nuisance really.
We both had partial views of the beach - they were great views on the 36th floor. And the other good thing is only 4 rooms per floor so no outside noise.
Inside noise from the air con however, was atrocious.
Bed very soft, if you like that...
But very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissT603
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ok I recently rented one of the unit on this building and so happy that I moved out after my first month after convincing my owner that this location doesn't fit my needs. Don't get me wrong, the location is great. Other than that,this building is a Chaos.. First is the Elevator,it's been broken for like 2 weeks or so and same as the garage. I was late for work on my first day after I moved here due to only one slow elevator working. Second is the garage door broken and your car is not safe at all. Third is when your trying to get a hold of the manager he doesn't know how to answer the phone and not in the property most of the time. Yes I did tried multiple times to go downstairs and talk to him but he's not there. Lights are on but no manager. Fourth is, it's seems like they charge everything here, me and my coworkers would like to BBQ and use the pool but for some reasons the Manager will charge you to use the buildings BBQ grill? It seems like he's trying to make some Nickel and Dimes on the side..This is the first time I heard of this..I thought that's free if your renting here. I don't wanna sound cheap but damn.. Oh and the swimming pool looks like its never been cleaned at all..The water looks really dirty. If your trying to find a place to stay in Hawaii. I will highly NOT recommend this Waikiki Marina Hotel. I definitely regret staying here.. Sorry for the bad review but I'm just speaking the truth.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The view from our room on the 38th floor was amazing! Room was very clean with an updated kitchenette. The staff is amazing and treat you like part of their Ohana. Location is great with many places to eat within walking distance. Mahalo Nui Loa to Jacquie and the staff!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Great place if your looking for something cheap and close to waikiki and ala moana. Staff were excellent and friendly especially Jacquie and Poku. Room was abit funny smelling and needed airing everyday and there was a lot of windsound we weren't sure where that was from. The cleaning lady was great and really appreciative of any tips. Thanks guys for the time we had we had fun!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Shahed1985
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I give this hotel an "Average" because it is a clean comfortable place with decent security (fob locks on the door, but no security staff). The tower is tall, over 30 stories so the views from the top are amazing. Looks out over the Marina area, if you are familiar with the Waikiki area, you cannot see the fireworks from the rooms-other direction views. The lobby is small and the elevators somewhat cramped-but they are glass backed so they do not 'feel claustrophobic". The location is great at the lip of Waikiki just between the Hawaiian Village and the Ala Moana Mall, easy walk to both at 1-2 blocks, It is also right on the Aloha Double Decker sightseeing and Da Bus line - easy to other points on the island. The walk into the heart of Waikiki is beautiful along park and beach, but it is 1 mile to the International Market, 1.6 to The Duke Kahanamoku Statue/Zoo area and 2 mi to the Aquarium (although completely walk-able with beach, shops and eateries all along the way).

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are best, more quiet and the views are breathtaking of the sunset!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family