“Fresh, healthy and delicious”

Greens & Vines Raw Vegan Gourmet
Ranked #434 of 2,494 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We highly recommend this restaurant for a tasty, healthy meal. Very creative menu - all vegetarian, vegan and raw. The lasagna and spaghetti (both made with zucchini) were both delicious. Desserts were rich and very good wine list. Easy to find and free parking on site. This is a ten!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Saw this place in a magazine on the airplane and decided to give it a try. It was a beautiful night so I sat outside. The service was fantastic (super nice staff) and the food was incredible. I had the Not-Tuna on Onion Bread for a starter and the Living Lasagna for my entree. I also ordered a coconut water which hit the spot. Give this place a try! I really think you will enjoy it.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had discovered Licious dishes on a previous trip to Oahu and thoroughly enjoyed what was available at the Cannery location back then. I love the flavours and textures of raw gourmet foods and since it is a daily habit of mine, I can appreciate the amount of work involved in providing this kind of food.

I often read raw food restaurant reviews with a wry grin... people either get that it takes a mountain of effort to make and love the food or they don't - 'why does it take so long? There's not much on the plate' etc. Often when diners don't, it is because they are new to
1. the concepts surrounding raw gourmet foods,
2. the new flavour combinations, and
3. getting used to portion sizes unaware that due to the density of nutrition and flavour = no fillers needed.

Having said that, some get it right, some get it very right and some miss the mark. Fortunately, most don't provide bad food of this type because it is a labour of love and the makers are passionate about what they are serving and the philosophies behind it surrounding good health, flavours and caring for the environment etc. equals they care more about the quality of the food for their diners and not about the profit.

When my partner and noticed that the owner of Licious dishes had opened Greens and Vines we were keen to come over and try it. As others have mentioned, limited parking can be an issue at the location but when we found none available, we simply parked at the parking station diagonally opposite and walked over for lunch. There is a nice outdoor area along with the usual inside tables but since it had rained that morning, all diners had opted for an inside table. There was only one table available but it was quite noisy with so many diners that we chose to be outside which was dry, umbrellaed, sunny and welcoming by then.

The staff was very attentive ensuring that were comfortable and had water and menus almost immediately. I do agree with others who have said that the menu itself seems off-balance. One page of delicious food followed by three pages of wines and sakes. I'm not sure I understand the reason for this. When one holds the weight of a four page menu in one’s hands, there is a greater expectation somehow, for the contents to deliver bigger things. I haven't come across this food/wine ratio before in a single menu but since I felt disappointment momentarily myself, I can certainly see why other reviewers have mentioned feeling a little deflated on opening the menu. Don’t get me wrong. The food menu certainly contained enough choices to make us want to come back again so the selection of items was fine.

We made our selections and were served without noticing a wait time. We shared a falafel appetiser which was very tasty, followed by Syl's Garden Burger with Jicama fries and Living Lasagna (sic). Both of these items were very flavoursome and looked attractive. The lasagne was very, very good - a touch of sweetness with the tomato, highly flavoured and complex. The only negative comment I could make about the lasagne was that I was served a corner slice which was less attractive or so I thought, plating nazi that I am! I would probably consider forgoing the curved section when cutting or rethought the container shape that it's made in when it's served on a plate at the restaurant and not as part of the takeaway menu.

We also opted for a fabulous chocolate slice which was so rich and dense. Its size was perfect to follow a meal. It was such a mind-blowing chocolate experience that it fully rounded off a great meal out in the sunshine that left us feeling satisfied and very happy.

We would happily go back today if we were there and will again for sure when we are - again and again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We read about greens and vines in our Hawaiian Airlines magazine and were keen to give it a try. The living lasagne did not disappoint, it was fresh and flavoursome. so really enjoyed the iced coffee with almond milk, which can be hard to find. Parking is on site which is very handy and there are lots of takeaway treats worth buying.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love me a good ribeye on most special occasions so this was a culinary adventure for me and my family. Took my Mom, wife and son for Mother's Day and was greeted by a friendly gentleman and seated right away. They have free valet parking and easy entry via Kapiolani Blvd. by the way. They waiter, Matt I think, asked us if we have ever eaten vegan, we all said "NO!", and proceeded to explain in a vary nice way what we should expect. Wonderful teas for my Mom and a nice wine list for my wife. We got the sampler with three different dips/pastes. We enjoyed the rich full favors of all of them, very interesting stuff. For entrees we got the living lasagna and a fettuccine dish, not actually noodles but thinly sliced cucumber/ zucchini and covered in a macadamia nut sauce that could be easily mistaken for an alfredo. They have 3 different desserts, we ordered all 3 :), rich, sweet and flavorful. I must say that all 3 of the adult meat eaters were impressed and would be happy to come back on another visit. Nice location, great people, and good flavorful food.