“Great tour with a great and knowledgle guide”

Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: snorkeling, waterfall hiking. Our company brings the pride and spirit of Aloha to all of our tours, cultural history, and ecology lessons.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Elliott our guide on the north shore tour was very personable and really took the time to get to know each of his guests and was very friendly and easy going and even though I'd been to the island a few. Times elliott was informative and I learned a lot about the island history and even though we were behind on time elliott didn't skip a thing and even suggested the best places to eat and other things that you can do on the rest of trip I advise booking a tour early in your trip so you can use elliotts vast knowledge to make your whole trip a better experience thanks Epic Hawaii.

1  Thank scottlt

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booking a tour with Epic Hawaii was truly the best decision my girlfriend and I made as this was our first trip to Hawaii. Elliott, our guide, was a down-to-earth, laid back dude who treated us like long-lost friends. Not only did my girlfriend and I have an amazing time on our snorkel tour, Elliot took the time to explain the region's history on the way over (as well as his own entertaining stories, which were awesome!). We saw the specific location of the island where a scene from Jurassic Park was filmed!

I highly recommend booking a tour with Epic Hawaii if it is your first time in Oahu. Elliott really went out of his way to recommend other points of interests, restaurants, and shopping areas on the island. His recommendations became our itinerary for the rest of our trip!

A helpful tip he gave us was that we can park just about anywhere alongside the road. My girlfriend and I parked on the side of a road in a residential area and found an almost-empty beach with beautiful turquoise blue water behind a row of houses.

He made sure our first time in Oahu was full of great experiences! I would definitely book another tour with him next time I find myself in Hawaii again!

1  Thank Mario H
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

5 minutes ago near Honolulu, HI ·
Aloha, Good morning! It's 6:13am & we are up bright & early! We had the best day ever yesterday. We had the privilege of seeing over 50% of the island of Honolulu, we hiked one of the best kept triple tiered "Secret" Waterfalls (rain forest!), tried some good food, went snorkeling in Oahu's North Shore (first time & loved it!) stop to see massive turtles laying out on the famous Laniakea Beach, visited Ala Moana mall & it was all because we had an awesome tour guide!! If anyone is going to visit Honolulu Hawaii be sure to check out what Elliot is about!! If you love the outdoors I recommend going with Elliot (from Texas!!) awesome tour guide takes you to the best places in Honolulu & gives great recommendations. Definitely had the epic hawaii adventure & our time here is not over yet!!

1  Thank Julie O
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Reading all the great reviews encouraged me to sign up for two tours, hiking and snorkeling, and they didn't disappoint. The first day, I did the Manana falls hike and along the way Elliott, my guide, took the time to tell us about the history and landscape of Hawaii, of which he is very knowledgeable. Then because I was the only one signed up for the rest of the day, I was basically given a private tour of the east side of the island. He knew the best spots to eat and the best places to get an amazing view of the island. The next day, I was once again the only one signed up for the tour but that didn't deter Elliott from giving me an amazing tour. We drove out to the west side where we saw dolphins swimming and snorkeled out after them. Next we traveled up to the north shore where we stopped to see sea turtles and grab a bite to eat at a bakery before heading off to Shark's Cove to snorkel. He had planned a third snorkel stop but unfortunately the weather had other plans, but that didn't mean Elliott ended the tour! In fact he continued to show me around the island and share his enthusiasm for the wonderful place.

The tours got me out of Waikiki and allowed me to experience a bunch of different parts of the island. Thanks Epic Hawaii for the most amazing two days of my vacation!

1  Thank Anna W
See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My two friends and I went on this amazing tour!! 1st of all we love Epic Hawaii, it is a small company (so you aren’t going to go on tours with a ton of people), they are eco friendly, they donate a portion of their proceeds to an after school program, super affordable, and they are super friendly and knowledgeable about Hawaii and the culture. 2nd the tour was amazing! We had an amazing local tour guide Ikaika! We kayaking to Mokuni Island which is beautiful, then we snorkeled to the best beach in Oahu, Lanikai beach to go snorkeling. It was the highlight of our Hawaii trip!!