“Worth every second and every penny!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guides of Oahu Day Tours

Guides of Oahu Day Tours
Ranked #81 of 316 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore lush rainforests, waterfalls, green mountains, volcanic craters and meet the endangered species of the island. Educational eco-tours include geology, archaeology, mythology, natural history and the cultural heritage of Hawaii. Group & custom private tours.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth every second and every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Mitch is a walking encyclopedia. His knowledge of the island, plants, health and living of the island is out of this world. The sacred spots he takes you to explore are hidden gems on the island. The only regret I have is not bringing a tape recorder, there was so much to learn and not enough capacity in my brain to retain it!! If you have this opportunity embrace every second!!

Visited September 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Deep into the Jungle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Met Mitch at the top of Diamond Head while taking in the view of Honolulu. He was talking about the plants and animals that inhabit the Island. Wanting to learn more from him, I took his jungle tour which he was giving the following day. The jungle tour was just amazing... to get up close and personal to everything. The best part was learning about some basic survival techniques if I ever found myself lost in the jungle!

Visited July 2013
Dawson Creek, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exellency”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Mitch is an expert in his field and he reminds me of a medicine man, survival guy, experienced teacher who is excited about getting information out to the world. No one is able to get my two teenage daughters engaged but he is. Amazing!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Haeyoung N
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The tour to take in Oahu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

When you first meet Mitch Berger, you are impressed with his physical stature. But don't be fooled, this man knows his stuff. Mitch is a walking encyclopedia of information, whether it is about Hawaii, it's history, culture and food; survival information or simple nutritional tidbits amongst other things during this 3 hour plus tour. He is passionate to reveal to you the "hidden treasures" of Oahu that even the locals don't know about. I know this because I have asked some of my Oahu friends and they were not aware of a lot of the places that he will take you. I would recommend his tours to anyone who is tired of the standardized tourist excursion and wants something uniquely different and stimulating. The only preface that I make is that you need to listen carefully as Mitch's likes to talk "a mile a minute" (which is a good thing) as he is trying to give you lots of information within the limited time that you have with him. A revised version of James Brown's nickname would be "the hardest working man in the tourist business". I hope you get as much joy in taking this tour, as my girlfriend and I did.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank ASRJ
Oahu, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You won't be disappointed on Mitch's Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband met Mitch Berger on the top of Diamond Head and he wanted to know if we wanted to go on a tour that shows the hidden side of Oahu...we were skeptical but decided to go for it! We were really impressed by the wealth of information that Mitch fits into his tours, the fascinating places we saw....we truly got the feel of the sacred as we were at the King's summer home...he really crammed a lot in and we feel like we got more than our money's worth! great tour!!! God bless Mitch and his family!

Visited May 2013