“I don't like raw fish - but I LOVE this!!!”
Review of Ono Seafood

Ono Seafood
Ranked #8 of 2,543 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I can't really say anything more about Ono's food - everyone agrees, and it's not a disappointment. So delicious. I ate there several times. It was my last meal in Hawaii January 2012, and it will be my first meal (I hope) when I next return.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Best addition to Kapahulu!

Ono makes me so happy! In and out in 5 minutes with a hand or belly full of poke. What's not to love?? It is relatively new at 2-21/2 years old. But it is damn good. And it ain't in your tourist area- ha!

Fav:
Spicy Ahi
Takooooo
Shoyu

Get half and half on rice bowl. Or get a pound of your favorite to go. Eat outside ( a single shareable table) or eat in your car. Parking lot is big enough that you can park and eat or you can do what I do. Take it to zippys or another Ono grind near by and have it with a cold glass of something.

Their seafood is always fresh: you can tell it has never been frozen and it is melt in your mouth good. A must stop on my break da mout days in Kapaulus. Spicy ahi is definitely my top favorite. Poi is ok and their tako is delish. Come early so they don't run out of everything.

Can't wait to come back and get my grind on!! My mouth is watering thinking about that poke. Drooolll.

1  Thank LatifaS_23
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We tried two kinds of ahi and two kinds of tako poke, and we liked the spicy ahi poke the best. Tiny spot with picnic tables outside where you can gorge on yummy poke.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great value, delicious fish. Next, people will queuing up like at Leonard's across the street. Remember the tourists also like fresh fish. Another great spot on Kapahulu.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Dang, am I glad I found this little place. Their poke has to be about the most perfect food I've ever eaten. I'm not sure what they do besides make it extremely fresh, but it was BY FAR the best I had in my week on the island. Extremely fresh ahi going into this melt-in-your-mouth dish. It's definitely not a tourist spot and is 100% takeout, but if you love tuna this is the place to get your daily dose!

Been to Ono Seafood? Share your experiences!