“We got to see Turtles!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We got to see Turtles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hawaii Turtle Tours sounded like the best way to see these amazing Giant Turtles up close and personal. Well......eventually we did get to see one on the beach chilling out and also a few swimming around the coral reef during our snorkelling. So that was a result, especially for my girlfriend who had always wanted to see them in their natural habitat.
Ryan our tour guide provided plenty of information about the island at various stages and was happy to promote this tour as a fun, chilled out tour where everyone should get to know each other and even enjoy a few beers.
The famous surf beach Waimea was our first stop, then off to see the famous banzai pipeline beach both situated on the north shore. Neither beach was famous to me before the tour I have to admit and I wasn't overly happy to be going to these places but I appreciate the history of them now having been there. It was a good excuse to watch point break again once we got back to London.
My issues with the tour was the short time spent at the beach where the turtles were. The lunch was nice but overpriced and too long. 6 hours from the 7.20 am pick up time and still no Turtles to be seen.
A 30min lunch stop would have been ideal for those who chose not to paddle board.
We are not all experts at snorkelling and some extra time there would have been great.
All in all we will remember this tour as a really good time and I would recommend it to everyone who wants to visit the honu.
Thanks Ryan and our expert driver Eric for a memorable day out!
Wishing your business much prosperity.
Ps, I hope the guy at the back of the bus got his phone call from apple! Lol

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Such a great way to spend a day and get out of the buzz of Waikiki. Cliff, Eric and Stan were great, energetic hosts who made the day that bit more memorable. The bus size was perfect as we did not feel like just a "number" (felt far more personal than the huge coach buses). Each stop added to the experience with just the right amount of time spent at each. Snorkelling with the turtles however a stand out experience for the day. Definitely recommend this tour young through to old. Can't make any complaints, it was such an awesome day!!

1 Thank Rebecca S
lincs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hey you! Don't watch that, watch this.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Coming to Hawaii? Then get yourselves on this tour. Believe me I'm not into tours when I go away thro fear of them being pants but got talked into this one and I'm so glad I did. Our hosts were Damien and Raul and the wealth of information mixed with a relaxed humour was bloody fantastic! They took us to a selection of ' must see' places as you'd expect and we came away really feeling that we've had a good look round. DO NOT MISS THESE GUYS!!

Visited July 2014
“The most fun you'll have on a tour in Oahu..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Cliff, Eric and stan were very friendly, entertaining and inviting! Not your run of the mill tour, relaxed, fun yet still informative. Very well organised however not monotonous. I highly recommend it, and when I return to Hawaii I will definitely to it again and will recommend it to anyone!

Honolulu, Hawaii
“A brilliant tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had a brilliant day today which was create by turtle tours Cliff and Pete did a proper service looked after everybody nothing was to much to ask , and we got to swim with turtles !