“The best people to see if you want to enjoy Waikiki”

Aloha Beach Services
Tokyo, Japan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best people to see if you want to enjoy Waikiki”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A great bunch of friendly, helpful and professional people offering great deals on a
variety of water connected activities. The lady at the counter was very friendly and
chatty and certainly answered any question we had very quickly and clearly and
helped us with anything we asked her that we wanted to do, which was a great
first impression of her and Aloha Beach Services in general. The men that we went
out in the canoe with were great and made us all laugh and feel very relaxed and
confident in them. It cost us $15 each and we were guaranteed to be able to ride
3 waves in, which was the BEST price on Waikiki beach without a doubt and we
had such a great experience the first time we went out in the canoe that we did it
again one or two days later!. It was an amazing and very unique experience and
my wife and I are very happy that we did it and it was definitely one of the high points
of our time in Honolulu. They also offer a video service, where one of their team
surfs beside your canoe when you're riding the waves in filming it. You can get
a CD of you riding the waves in for $40, which may sound a bit expensive to some
people, but I think it is well worth getting and the quality of the video clips are amazing.
I would certainly recommend anyone that wants to surf the waves in a canoe, learn
to surf or paddle-board or any type of water based activity to definitely go and see
the staff at Aloha Beach Services and they are sure to give you the best deal and
the best experience that you could possibly ever get !. Many thanks to the whole
team at Aloha Beach Services for everything that you did for my wife and I and for
giving us some truly amazing and unforgettable experiences !
Bea

Visited May 2014
2 Thank my w

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Well Worth It!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I wanted our two daughters to take surfing lessons when we were in Hawaii. Our hope was that they would be able to successfully stand up on the board and ride the waves at the end of their lesson. Not only were they able to do this, but in a few short minutes (three tries) they were surfing successfully. Their instructor Lumpy did a great job. The girls had such a good time that we went back another day and had similar outstanding results. Their instructor Buddy did a great job as well.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Timothy A
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Not much Aloha”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Can't comment on their services, because basically the gentleman who was on the counter was so disinterested in answering my questions about what they had on offer. I was looking to book an outrigger canoe ride (for starters) and I did get him to muster enough information to say they weren't doing any more that day because the conditions weren't favourable for it. I accepted that but quite surprised about half an hour later when I saw them have one go out. Aside from that he fobbed me off even more when he asked where I was staying, and then left me mid sentence to serve someone else, So, if you're over 40 and/or not staying at the Moana Surfrider, look elsewhere for beach services.

Visited March 2014
7 Thank Sydney_AustraliaDee
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First time surfing”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We were actually referred to ABS by an instructor who works elsewhere but wasn't teaching today. My 11 year old and I had a semi-private lesson with Tommy. Our first time on boards, my boy was very nervous but in just a few minutes he was standing and riding long waves, getting cheered on by people nearby. I even managed to stand up which is a credit to Tommy! We had a great time, highly recommended

1 Thank M6811
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Surf Hire/School/Outrigger fun ever”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

These guys know how to make everything fun. Their service in and out of the water is fantastic.
Tommy took us out in the outrigger everyday for waves and we have never had more fun. We love Uncle Tommy. Fritz came out for morning waves with us as most days and gave us heaps of tips. He was sensational to watch in the water and one of the nicest guys on the beach. The owner Didi is the most approachable and down to earth guy as well and has the best set up on the beach. Bradah also made our time we spent there comfortable and fun.
These guys are the hardest working on the beach and all leaving you feeling the Aloha spirit.
Next time I go back I will be using Aloha Beach Services again and again.

Visited October 2013