“A Sheer Delight -- Worth Going Back to Waikiki for”

Island Vintage Coffee
Ranked #8 of 92 Coffee & Tea in Honolulu
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“A Sheer Delight -- Worth Going Back to Waikiki for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I recently went for a trip to Waikiki. We had both been in the '80's with our families. We were initially shocked and dismayed with how much the place has changed. But, this cute little cafe, nestled amidst the palms of the Royal Hawaiian grove, is one of the reasons we are hesitant to go to another island. We're like, "But, if we go to another Hawaiian island, where are we going to get our awesome food and coffee???" So, the coffee is amazing and the food is out of this world. Amazing salads and breakfast plates. And, don't even get me started on the fruit/yoghourt bowls. The food is so tasty and fresh and presented so lovely. What a fantastic treat to eat lovely fresh salads in the middle of cold Canadian winters! My only complaint is that the portions are too large. No, wait, I can't even complain about that because my husband's 6"3" so he can pretty much finish off what I can't eat. So, Waikiki, I will be coming back again and again to enjoy the superb grub at Island Vintage.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Wonderful Acai bowls !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We used the Island Vintage Coffee outlet almost daily, not only for coffee but loved the big Acai bowl for breakfast, as a change to the norm. The staff are super friendly, coffee and food excellent. Best coffee in Waikiki !

Visited December 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“The best coffee on the island of O'ahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stumbled on this shop by chance while walking in Waikiki. It's located on the outside second floor of the Sheraton. The service was excellent and very clean. We were looking for our restaurant and one of the baristas gave us directions when he got a moment. He went out of his way for us. Their specialty is the Acai bowl- yogurt, granola, and lots of fruit. Everyone was eating it. I recommend the Kona Frap. It has small flecks of coffee bean in it. Yum!!!!
We were very happy when we found a store outside the Ko 'Olina resort area. Service was great here as well but they were so busy they couldn't keep the tables cleaned off and the blenders very loud in the small store. You still need to try it.

• Visited September 2013
Bakersfield, California
“It's become a tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was introduced to Island Vintage Coffee even before I visited last year; family brought packages of the mix home. My first visit was last year, but I just got back from staying 6 nights just down the street from here. Every day we had to have the Vintage Kona Mocha. We also had 2 or 3 meals here which were very good. I'm not a big pork or cucumber fan but the pork sandwich was fabulous!
I intended to get their mocha mix to take home and share with friends. My mistake was waiting until our last full day on the island; they were out of packages! Hard to believe. I wish he would have looked in back.
The only drawback here is that sometimes the wait staff appears to be over worked and at times inexperienced. It is an order at the counter and take a number to your table and they bring the food sort of place.
Although I didn't have it this time (a mistake on my part) the Acai bowl is fabulous.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Stunning food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family happened to come across this cafe while shopping nearby and boy are we glad we found this place! The food is incredibly fresh, well-seasoned, and tasty! I highly recommend trying their acai bowl. It's not on the menu, but make sure to ask! It's the best acai bowl in town, in my opinion, having tried acai bowls at eggs n things and royal hawaiian coffee. Make sure to order their sandwiches as well! I forgot what we ordered, but we had the sandwich with the prawns and the pork, and they were both very delicious! The next time you happen to be shopping nearby, make sure to stop here for a treat!

• Visited December 2012