“Very Good!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sweet E's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 92 Coffee & Tea in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Watersmeet, Michigan
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We parked on the street and went in search of this place, as it is was not easy to find. It is tucked away in Kilohana Square and not visible from the street. Since there is no phone number that I could find for it, I was concerned that it was no longer in business. When we did find it, there was no wait at 9AM. I ordered the blueberry cream cheese stuffed French toast based on the reviews on TA (and I like French Toast). It was good, but I think it would have been so much better with some warm blueberry syrup to go over it. There were 3 large pieces. I was disappointed in the price of almost $9.00. My husband had an omelet and coffee. Our bill was $22. I realize I am in Hawaii, but it was a shock!

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
honolulu
“Hidden gem, limited parking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before this visit. I just want to tell everyone how awesome the food is. They make the best french toast and the eggs benedict is delicious. They have a good variety of breakfast dishes and everything is fresh. On this trip I decided to try a pizza and salad. The pizza was perfect! Just the right size and perfectly done with the right amount of cheese and toppings. I'm glad I decided to try a lunch item this time. The salad was huge and delicious as well. I had to share it with my friend as I could not finish it by mysel. I asked the waitress to pack it to go as I started to eat my pizza, she brought the box with package and we ended up eating the entire salad because it was so tasty.
The biggest problem at this restaurant is the parking. There is very limited parking in the lot and it seems the other shop owners discourage anyone from parking in their stalls if not patroniizing their shops. I guess it is because this place is so good it has become a popular
place for locals and visitors. There is always a line at the door and you have to go in to add your name on a waiting list. The wait on my last 2 visits were prety quick (about 15 minutes). Believe me it is worth the wait. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The Best Breakfast but the Worst Food Poisoning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I ate at Sweet Es after reading all the great reviews for the place. I had what I thought was an amazing breakfast, the Kailuah pig omelet with fried rice. The roast pork in the omelet was so delicious I pulled some out of my omelet and gave it to my BF. I thought the service was great, I liked the coffee, I loved the atmosphere. I left there feeling like it was the best breakfast I had in a long time.....until about 3 hours later when I started to feel nauseous. About 6 hours later I was puking my guts out and my BF had a fever, followed by the trots. We both spent the rest of the day and the following day, Thanksgiving feeling terrible, trying to keep down any fluids, with any thoughts of a Turkey dinner very far from our feverish minds. We did manage to check Sweet Es FB page where they mentioned they had a refrigeration problem the day before, we deduced that obviously the pork we ate was "off" and somehow we were served it anyway. On Friday, I called Sweet Es, left my name and number, explained what happened, the person who took the call was apologetic, but I never heard a word back from the owner. I really thought someone would care about the business. I have eaten food all over the world, in much less hygienic looking places than Sweet Es, but I have never been as sick as I was from my omelet there last week. I hope they read this review and consider the illness they have caused and reconsider whether or not they should serve food after their refrigerator has broken for any length of time. Someone with a weaker constitution could have been seriously affected. The only affect on me was I lost a few pounds, I could not eat any Thanksgiving dinner, and Sweet Es left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Thefatone
Pine Hill, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honestly the best breakfast we ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Review after review on various online websites I went though said get the stuffed French toast and corned beef hash eggs Benedict - so that's exactly what my wife and I did for our last day in Oahu before heading to Maui. We knew we wanted to head to Waikiki this day as we stayed on the north shore at the turtle bay resort. This was recommended from a search for breakfast in the area. It's a small cafe off of a side road in a small shopping plaza. Definitely off the beaten path. We were a little confused when we pulled up to the location - but we were quickly put in our place first when we walked into a clean well kept cafe and then again when our food arrived and was what we both agreed was the best breakfast we had ever eaten. If your staying in Waikiki and can make it - head to this place. Its a clean cafe with delicious food and friendly servers. Next time we're in Oahu - we'll definitely be stopping in again.

• Visited October 2012
Prince George's County, Maryland
“My favorite breakfast spot in Honolulu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

You should not miss this place. It's off the beaten path about 7 minutes from Waikiki, which is were I was staying. Its located in a shopping center and screams a possible hole in the wall but it is far from that. It is small but great things often come in small packages. First of all, it is the cutest spot ever. Parking can be hectic on the weekends but during the week, you can find plenty. Second, they have specialty items that will blow you away, such as their stuffed French Toast, stuffed Pancakes and Pork Benedict (soooooo good). Third, bring someone with you so you can order more and share. I visited twice during my one week vacation. I had to bring my husband. He ordered the Everything Scramble and enjoyed it. I will always make sure this is a stop when I visit here. I hope you find this review helpful!

• Visited June 2012