“Better that I thought it would be!”
Review of Lucky Belly

Lucky Belly
Ranked #15 of 2,522 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Lucky Belly is in the heart of what used to be the red light district and still has that seedy district feel to it, but is a "lucky find"! Great apps!!! Had the oxtail dumpling loaded with meat, shrimp gyoza true in it form with chunky shrimp filling, and finally the heavenly pork belly bao.... FM! So good!!!

1  Thank Dpjkona

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A waitress at our hotel recommended Lucky Belly when we mentioned that we would be wandering around the shops and art galleries near Chinatown. We only had a wait about 5-10 minutes for a table at the end of the lunch rush. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. I had a delicious Lucky Belly ramen (no meat except for the pork stock) but I asked for a piece of belly to be added to my meal. My husband had shrimp tacos, which he said he enjoyed especially since it came with a big serving of fresh salad as well. They also have a "bottomless cup" with their ice teas - which is nice. The interior design and artworks in this funky restaurant/bar was a stand out from some of the places we have eaten at during this trip.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Will be back again and again....
Right in the middle of Chinatown and full of some locals grabing lunch and a few tourist
Really nice surprise...,
Check it out you won't be sorry !!! N

1  Thank Brendanorth
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Decided to go here for the food, not the drinks. The food was amazing and the service was pretty good too. I tried the lamb lumpia, oxtail dumplings, the belly bowl, and the beast bowl. If you like lamb, you'll like the lamb lumpia. It is served with a red pepper sauce that's very tasty. If you're worried that it's too spicy, it's not. The oxtail dumplings were recommended by the waitress. Those were really good as well. The sauce really brings the flavors together in the dumplings. Load up on the sauce and it's a delicious appetizer. The belly bowl and beast bowl are ramen noodle soups that are really delicious. The broth is a bit on the salty side, but when combined with the noodles, it makes a great combination. As for drinks...I tried the hibiscus lemonade and the plantation iced tea. The lemonade was too tart for my taste. It didn't seem like it was sweetened, which means it tasted like lemon juice with a splash of hibiscus. The plantation iced tea was watered down and almost flavorless. I don't recommend getting that. Overall, this place is a great location to sit and have a meal. The food is great and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Shirley my hostess suggested my virgin experience of the menu. Soft taco shrimp outstanding. Next time a ramen bowl and more appetizers. Added bonus was head shared free tasting of high end Napa Valley Cabernets and a few Merlots. Wow.