“Nice atmosphere, great appetizers”
Review of Lucky Belly

Lucky Belly
Ranked #43 of 2,421 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very nice little hipster restaurant in Chinatown, nice atmosphere. My wife and I split 3 appetizers that were all delicious and a ramen which was good but nothing special. I would definitely go back and try out different appetizers out of curiosity even though the ones we got were excellent and I'd try the belly, sausage Ramen (we got the plain one). It was also nice that it was reasonably priced.

There are newer reviews for Lucky Belly

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I should have sent back the displeasingly salty, but otherwise tasteless liquid, with thick, hard noodles and un-eatable few pieces of belly fat, called: lucky belly soup.
Given the time we spent of travelling to it, looking for the place and waiting a lot for a table, just wanted to get over with lunch. The only acceptable part of this so called soup were: the few pieces of Asian vegetables...
After following all the hype, any decent,Chinese eating place would have been much preferred to this one.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Decided to try it out after reading reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The place was packed when we got there but got a seat at the bar in no time. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was amazing. We had 2 appetizers (the lobster shao mai is a must) and shared a soup bowl. We liked it so much that we left early and stopped in on our way to the airport.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We heard about this restaurant from the bar staff at our hotel. We took the bus ($2.50 for 2 hours) to Chinatown. it stopped just outside of the restaurant. Their specialty is the big bowl soups. We shared a couple of appetizers and 3 of our party had the big bowl soup and 1 the chicken sandwich. Food was fantastic and the service was absolutely fantstic. Take the time and go to this restaurant.

1  Thank RayS123_11
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I found this restaurant trough TripAdvisor and it was just as wonderful as the reviews described it. I had the Kim Chee Ramen and it was glorious! Best meal I've had yet! Service was wonderful as well. Will definitely become regulars at this place!

1  Thank Violet_C295