I arrived in Honolulu late at night on an international flight. I arrived at the hostel and immediately felt unsafe, after dark the location is very dodgy. I had to walk through an all male dorm room to get to my room (I'm female) only to unlock and open the door on a naked man sleeping in my bed! I asked for a new room or at least some new sheets but they were all booked out apparently. To make matters worse the man had peed on the wooden floor in several spots as well as in the garbage bin! Apparently this couldn't be cleaned until the morning! I desperately wanted a shower but the bathroom made me want to vomit. I waited in the room (couldn't sleep) until morning when I discovered the same guy sitting on the toilet (still naked) reading a book with the bathroom door wide open! Time came to check out and....... To my shock, the new person at reception was the naked man (now fully clothed), he was an employee!!!!!!! Worst experience EVER!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian Hostel Beach Club is centrally located 1/2 block from beach, near the Honolulu Zoo, Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, Aquarium, Waikiki Shell, and countless bars and restaurants. Rated "Best Youth Hostel" by the Travel Channel, our friendly staff are happy to help make your budget holiday the best it can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Polynesian Hostel Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Hotel Honolulu
- Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Hawaii/Honolulu