“Best cheese steak on the island!”
Review of Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki - CLOSED

Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I love this place! Not healthy, but delicious! They make the best cheese steaks I have had on Oahu. They are a bit pricey, but everything in Waikiki is:) I always go there when I want a big delicious and juicy steak sandwich! The bread they use is excellent!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Shared a small Pork sub, excellent. Also had a waffle for breakfast, enjoyed it. Close to our hotel, so easy accessible.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

After a couple of our mainland friends boasted that Ono Cheese Steak was "The BOMB.com," my husband & I decided to give it a go. As I said in a previous review, we like to see how our hometown foods are spun in the places we visit. We ordered the large jalapeño cheese steak with provolone & Cheese Whiz (it's not a cheese steak without the Whiz!), but we waited a little over half an hour for our one sandwich after ordering because a small group that had come before us ordered about 5 sandwiches. Also like I've said before, service in Hawaii, albeit very friendly, is also very laid back, so your patience will be tested at times. When our food was finally ready, the meat was dry and the jalapeños & onions that were supposed to top the sandwich were merely sprinkled on like a garnish. The Cheese Whiz was definitely the sandwich's saving grace. To sum it up, the sandwich was not as plentiful in meat & toppings that one would be accustomed to on the mainland, & Cheese Whiz, while certainly a must for any cheese steak, should not be the hero that saves the meal. It was very difficult for me to justify the wait after seeing what we had actually received. Nonetheless, give it a try. Your experience may very well be better than ours was.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stopped here for a steak sandwich and was pleasantly surprised with the food. I wasn't expecting much for a Philly cheese steak in Waikiki but it was VERY good!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I love Subway, but when they are charging 8 bucks for a foot long, I'd rather go somewhere unique to the island. Ono cheese steak has good sandwiches, curly fries, and milkshakes! It's close to a lot of key locations in Waikiki right on Kuhio. We went after Zanzabar closed Saturday and enjoyed a late night meal! We liked it enough that we returned on our last day to catch a quick meal before heading to the airport.