“Beautiful!!”

Ranked #6 of 331 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A perfect snorkeling spot.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is the most beautiful sight on earth to me!! I tried so hard to get down to the beach area but I arrived when they were closing. I am so disappointed I didn't make it to the beach. But from the view at the top I knew it was heaven on earth!!

There are newer reviews for Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve

Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you're traveling to Oahu, snorkeling in Hanauma Bay is a definite must-do. Unbelievable experience, very serene, very well thought-out and preserved. If you're a first-time snorkeler, I highly recommend paying a little more ($5?) for the special tube that allows less water to reach your mouth. The whole experience was magical.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is one of the top 5 beach destinations in my book ( i have not provided reviews to all beaches i have been !) This is a MUST see, i would plan to spend a day out here.
This is #1 best snorkeling place i have been to. The fishes here are very friendly, very much used to humans, if you stay still, they come close to kiss you :) very colorful, large to small at very shallow depths. They don't mind you swimming around them.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

make sure you plan this on a day you have at least a few hours. We ended up taking the bus for $2.50 which was the least expensive way to get there. We actually only rented a car for one day and went to see what we wanted to see that we couldn't use public transportation.

1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Amazing fish but if you don't plan on using fins, bring water shoes. There's lots of rock and coral that you can cut your feet on. Your not suppose to step on the coral but sometimes it just can't be avoided.