“Hanauma Bay Snokel Tour”

Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
Ranked #6 of 331 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A perfect snorkeling spot.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Got a chance to participate in Hanauma Bay Snorkel adventures with Keawe Adventures. One of the best snorkel tours I've ever been on. I was shocked when they promissed us sharks and we actually saw sharks. We started pretty early, before many of the crowds arrived. The water was pristine, and the beach was clear of debrie and people. Because we went pretty early we were also able to see the sun rise. That was pretty cool!!! The staff at Keawe Adventures were very professional and knowledgeable about the Geology, Marine Life, and Currents. These guys are all about safety. I would highly recommend these guys if you are ever coming to Honolulu. Tons of fish and a few sharks....

There are newer reviews for Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve

Reviewed October 3, 2011

First of all this place was recommended by our hotel staff, this was our first time snorkeling and we loved it. The water is crisp and clear there is a lot of colorful fishes, and a few sea turtles. There is and entrance fee of about $7 dollars to get in, $1 dollar to park your car and about $12 bucks for the snorkeling gear. If you don’t have any kind of transportation take bus 22 towards the sea life park from any of the waikiki hotels, the bus stop right outside the entrance of Hanauma Bay, just remember that this place is closed on Tuesday. Its a great place for beginners and more experience snorkelers, great family place.

PS. don't forget to bring an underwater camera u wont regret it.

2  Thank Jose G
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was a fairly fun place to visit, but I wasnt blown away like its always stated to be some amazing paradise unlike any place you have ever seen.

Yeah I saw some fish, but I saw lots of fish snokeling in Kauai at Turtle Beach, for free. Hell the next day I saw fish and seaturtles under my 2.99 ABC raft floating out from the shore on Waikiki beach.

Yes it was fun, but not the mind blowing event I thought it was going to be. And really, making you sit thru a film about the place? If they were really concerned about crowd control and its affects on the place then it wouldnt be packed still everyday. Go early or wait in line forever!!

2  Thank zkeeper
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This place is amazing, absolutely beautiful. You will have to watch a short informational video on preserving the bay. If you don’t have a car, you can take The Bus. Entrance is 7 dollars per person and full snorkel gear is 12 dollar per set. The bay opens from 6am to 7pm from wed. to Mon. Tuesdays are closed. Wear lots of sunblock.

1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Swimming with marine life is breath taking. From small colorful fish to moray eels to giant sea turtles. It's all there and you can even get there by bus so you can spend more time in the water.

1  Thank rrclay