“Love the manapua”

Chun Wah Kam Noodle Factory
Ranked #560 of 2,431 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had been to the Kalihi St. Location on previous trips but it was much less convenient than this new location. The parking here is much improved with a private off street lot. We were a little early for the lunch crowd so parking was easy. Our favorite here (and only reason we go here) is the manapua. We've had the Kailua pig filling, which is good, but our favorite is Char Siu (BBQ pork).
Having forgotten how big these are, we foolishly ordered three with the idea of one each and share one. One is really enough.
The other big improvement here is seating. There is a fairly good sized seating area and everything was generally clean and tidy. I would definitely recommend.
BTW we haven't had there other offerings but everything look good.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This has become kind of an icon on Oahu.

Their food is good Chinese style with good portions and good prices but they are really known for their manapuas!

I recommend instead of ordering doughnuts next time for that office meeting or get together instead to order manapuAs from this place!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went looking for manapuas and this was highly rated. Did not disappoint. Be sure and find and get a number, but they are really fast. And the employees all seem to enjoy working there. There were Honolulu cops, EMT's, steelworkers and locals so figured I was in the right place. All good food. The gal behind the hot line recommended a jalapeno fish that was superb, nice heat. Also the ginger fried rice is really good. The pork I had was just average. And the duck manapua was right on the mark, steamed and full of meat. A bit of a walk but really worth the trip, I will definitely go back. Great value too.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Best choices of delicious Chinese food in take-out style! Best manapua! Multiple varieties available all of then HUGE and really really good. Pick what you want. Reasonable price for amount you get. Everything is really great and the staff advised me on what is most popular. You can eat in or take out. I walked from my hotel about 2 miles to get there and although it was a little tricky to find at the end -I thought it was well worth the walk and I brought a box of Manapua back for my colleagues -they were also very impressed!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Best choices of delicious Chinese food in take-out style! Best manapua! Pick what you want. Different sizes of plates. Reasonable price for amount you get. Everything is good. Can eat in or take out. They do catering also. Parking lot is good. Pensacola is one-way going makai (towards the ocean) and you turn left into the parking lot so stay on the left. Very crowded at lunch time. Take a number for your turn. Casual dining. Gin doi is yummy!

Been to Chun Wah Kam Noodle Factory? Share your experiences!