“Legends concert was AWESOME!”
Review of Rock-A-Hula

Rock-A-Hula
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.00*
and up
Rock-A-Hula
More attraction details
Owner description: The new "Rock-A-Hula" show is Waikiki's largest cast, concert-quality show featuring powerful Hawaiian and Polynesian music, hula and fire-knife dancing, alongside the greatest rock n' roll performances of superstars past and present at the 750-seat multimillion-dollar Royal Hawaiian Theater. The show opens 6 days a week year-round (dark Mondays). Cocktail, luau under the stars and gourmet dining packages available.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Legends concert was AWESOME!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The legends concert was great! We saw Steven Tyler, elvis, Michael Jackson and Madonna. The music and performances were amazing. The food wasn't that good and the drinks are over priced. If we did this again we would buy the least expensive tickets that do not include dinner.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Nessa1980

Nago, Japan
“We enjoyed it very much!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Conpareing with the same kind of show in Las Vegas, their performances are a little bit less than we have expected, but enough to have an enjoyable time with them. We felt performers are all very friendly. It was a very good oppotunity to take a picture with them after the show. We could have a good memory. This summer we are going to Honolulu, and planing to enjoy this show . We are looking forward to seeing them again.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So amazing, I teared up!!����”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This was directly cross the street from where we stayed in Waikiki! Easy to get to and everyone was so incredibly nice. Steven Tyler was the greeter and my hubby and I got our pic taken with him and I so bought it. I love Steven Tyler he is amazing!! Elvis, Madonna and Michael Jackson were the other performers. I cried when Elvis and Steven performed!! I've seen Aerosmith in concert and he was so close to the real thing that's why I cried!! Elvis although I've never seen him in concert my mom is a huge fan so I grew up with his music, I've seen better looking Elvis's but he sounded amazing so he really was the full package. We were there for William halls last night with the legends in concert and my husband is a big MJ fan and was so impressed by his performance so when we got back to our hotel room he was looking him up on you tube and was so impressed by him. Madonna was thee other performer and well she did awesome on stage but for the meet and greet after she wasn't very nice where everyone else was so amazing!! A mutual family friend saw a picture I posted on Instagram of my hubby Steven Tyler (Chris VanDahl) and myself and emailed saying he is a close friend of theirs!! Small world and the show was amazing I'd go back in a heartbeat. Wish we had more time when we were in Hawaii we would have went again.

Laguna Beach, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great night out for couples, families with teens.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A bit challenging to find, but once we arrived we were warmly greeted. Average buffet served outdoors. A ukulele player and dancer gave a bit of entertainment and drew the crowd in with selecting guests for a dance lesson.
The theatre was comfortable. Unfortunately, there wasn't a huge crowd, but we were seated in the front row of the upper section, so great view of the performers. Some acts were top notch while others need a bit of polishing. It's not Vegas, but it was a fun night out - even for our teenagers.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 497 helpful votes
“Good show poor food, don't do VIP”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned from this attraction. We turned up for the VIP part, in this you get food before the show.

Ok, this is our experience. The doors opened 5 mins late. We were seated in the bar and the waiters went around giving out a free mai tai each,they missed us. Some of the guests fell upon and devoured the nibbles nuts and dried fruit that was put out. Next we were given a big of a hard sell to buy a signed programme. Then after what seemed like ages of being sat around we were led to the obligatory attraction get your foot took so they can sell you it later. We then sat around again waiting for everyone to get there picture taken.

Once inside the theatre the promise of stage side seats with the VIP package didn't quite ring true as we were six tables back from the stage. We were down in the well but right next to the normal package people who to be honest had a better view.

The food when it came was very mediocre, the bread roll was stale, we had dirty cutlery and cup. The food was cold yet oddly overlooked I don't really eat she'll fish yet there was no alternative when I complained the waitress did say She could maybe get the chef to make a salad. I then received a plate full of lettuce with some awful dressing on. This was hardly fine dining but I think it was dressed up to be fine dining and some people seemed to like it as the chef came to other tables strangely not ours and people said the food was great...really? Do people never go to really good restaurants?

When the entertainment began it was quite good and we really enjoyed it. The entertainment consisted of tributes to Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Steve Tyler. However, no photography was allowed during the performance...why?

At the end there was an opportunity to get pictures taken with the performers which made it quite hard to leave as we were stuck behind gangs of people trying to take pictures.

I would say go if your into cheesy though good tribute acts but definitely do not go for the food it's rubbish and you seem to sit about for long periods. On a positive note our server really did try and help us and if the management from the show read this, the review would have been a lot worse had it not been for her hard work.

2 Thank JohnSunderlandUk