“Wouldn't say I'd recommend”
Review of Rock-A-Hula

$109.00*
and up
Rock-A-Hula Luau Buffet and Show
More attraction details
Owner description: The new "Rock-A-Hula" show is Waikiki's largest cast, concert-quality show featuring powerful Hawaiian and Polynesian music, hula and fire-knife dancing, alongside the greatest rock n' roll performances of superstars past and present at the 750-seat multimillion-dollar Royal Hawaiian Theater. The show opens 6 days a week year-round (dark Mondays). Cocktail, luau under the stars and gourmet dining packages available.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The show was ok. The impersinators did a ok job. my favorite was MJ - he had good moves. I wont say it was awful but what killed it for me as the skanky back up dancers. Way too much raunchy dancing and not enough clothing..

You can still have a great show without having to oversexualize everything. My impression: not enough talent so they had to try make up for it with easy entertainment "sex sells." Well it certainly didn't sell me! We got these tickets on sale (20 bucks each) and even then I felt a little ripped off. I would never pay full price for these that's for sure! - let alone Kama Ina rate.

And although MJ was the best act - he still couldn't hit or even come close to those musical notes like MJ. Oh yea, and as for the "free" cocktail they give you - its more like a poorly made smoothie they really jip you on the alcohol. (I got a lava flow) all lava and no flow. I'd have to say for its price - not worth it.

There are newer reviews for Rock-A-Hula

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Legends was fun and entertaining. Had to wait a long time at the bar for the alcoholic drink, maybe 20 minutes. The Michael Jackson and Madonna impersonators were not at all good. However the Steven Taylor and Elvis impersonators were excellent. The Hawaiian acts were entertaining and lively.

Costuming was not family friendly. Much too short shorts and revealing bra tops.

1  Thank Nfritter
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I loved this show. It started with a Hawaiian revue, including hula and songs of the islands. Then there was Elvis, who did a credible job. Next Steven Tyler came in flying to the stage from the back. He looked incredibly like Tyler and did great singing and mannerisms. Then Michael Jackson, who was just okay, Madonna, who sang well, but lacking the looks of Madonna. Then a different Elvis who really sounded like him. The show ended with more Hawaiian dancing with the most beautiful costumes of all, large headdresses with feathers, etc. The fastest 90 min and worth every cent. We only did the cocktail show, no dinner. Drinks were premium drinks and made fresh while you wait. Recommended for families or any age. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to this with some trepidation as we go to quite a few shows and tribute shows can be very good or very bad. Luckily, this one was very, very good. My husband, who seldom applauds anyone, clapped almost constantly, which is the highest rating I can give.

There are two Elvis impersontors, and although they only slightly resembled him, they both sounded very much like him. There were both very good about shaking hands with the audience and handing out leis. The "2nd Elvis" even came up the stairs, shook the hand of every single person in the row and even gave me his scarf, like Elvis used to do. We were disappointed because Michael Jackson had injured his foot and was out, but Steven Tyler was wonderful and he looked and sounded exactly like the real Steven. Little Richard was quite good, but Madonna was only so-so.

There is a very large cast of back-up dancers with lots of costumes and the music was fabulous, too. This is a top quality production with very talented participants and even the stage is beautiful.

There are many different ticket options available. You can spend from $60 to $180 per ticket depending on your optons. You can do just the drink and ticket option (which is around $60) all the way up to the expensive lobster option (with special seating) for $180. We did the "Terrace Buffet" which was $75. It included a buffet, one free drink, Hawaiian music while you dined and hula lessions. The food was only average. I actually thought our seats were better than the most expensive tickets as they kind of sat in a pit and our seats were raised.

All the stars come out after the show and very graciously pose for pictures with everyone. It was fun to see them under the bright lights and really compare them against "the originals".

In summary, this is a really good show I would go to again and if you like tribute shows, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Las Vegas experience in Hawaii. Great night's entertainment. Had the luau dinner al fresco with our own hula male dancer and ukelali player. Great meal and pre show entertainment got you set for a great night. The show was amazing - so much effort had gone into it. Must see experience.