“Shockingly good” 5 of 5 bubbles

$69.00*
and up
Rock-A-Hula
More attraction details
Owner description: The new "Rock-A-Hula" show is Waikiki's largest cast, concert-quality show featuring powerful Hawaiian and Polynesian music, hula and fire-knife dancing, alongside the greatest rock n' roll performances of superstars past and present at the 750-seat multimillion-dollar Royal Hawaiian Theater. The show opens 6 days a week year-round (dark Mondays). Cocktail, luau under the stars and gourmet dining packages available.
Hong Kong, China
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Shockingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the nearly two-hour Las Vegas style "Legends In Concert" show in the Royal Hawaiian Center last week. It was a stone throw from another major attraction, the Royal Hawaiian gun club which probably deserves a separate review later on.

We were totally shocked by how similar the performers were to the real thing in terms of both their appearances and singing/dancing ability. Upon our arrival we were immediately greeted by someone whom we could have sworn to be "Elton John" himself. The similarity came right down to Elton's slightly bucked front teeth.

More pleasant surprises came later on when the show began and on came the amazingly talented "Elvis", a extremely healthy looking "Michael Jackson" and then the very attractive, perhaps too attractive, "Lady Gaga". Our compliments to an excellent job by the performers themselves and by the choreographers. We realize that a great deal of skills and hard work much have gone into the training and production of this show.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank morotateakira

Echuca
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A great package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We purchased a VIP Package, drinks and nibbles on arrival, Dinner and Show. The dinner was fantastic, quick and great service. The Show was excellent with interaction with the audience, the performers were so close to the real artists you wanted to get their autographs and shake their hands.

Visited August 2012
Greater Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Sure it wasn't a real Concert?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I attended with my dad , show was great, performers did a great job. Well worth the cost and was good fun
John

Richmond, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Show was good, food was bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I bought the dinner / show package (not the VIP dinner). The dinner was under a tent outside, it was very awkward. We had one guy playing a guitar and one hula girl dancing awkwardly in the corner. The food was buffet style and really not good at all. I really felt like I wasted my money.

As for the show, it was good. I enjoyed the performance, especially the Michael Jackson, he had great moves! I recommend only seeing the show, dont buy the food.

A note on seating. If you buy the expensive VIP dinner you eat near the stage. I'm not sure how the food is for them but I can tell you that even though they are close to the stage, their seating sucks once the show starts. Everyone else will sit in elevated bleachers that sit 10 feet above the VIP seating and provide excellent views. I had a view much better than any of those VIP seats.

Save yourself some money, see the show but eat somewhere else.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MikeyPro
Phoenix, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun Evening Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I would recommend this show. The production was very professional and performers had great voices. They did a nice job of combining some Hawaiian hula with the "stars". I probably would tell a first time visitor to Hawaii to go to an actual luau. But for someone that has already done that, this show is a great option!

Visited July 2012