Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
$403
$326
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$209
$190
$495
$450
1,820 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat locationcucumber watercotton candyross storeiced teafree wififridge and microwaveboutique hotelfront desk staffvalet parkingcentral locationbeach towelssmall balconycomfy bedshort walk to the beachshops and restaurants
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I had an excellent stay at the Shoreline Hotel. Having read the Trip Advisor reviews before we went, it met our expectations. It is very reasonably priced, and the location in the center of Waikiki, along with the big name hotels. The room was clean. The bed was excellent. The shower was powerful and hot. Daily servicing of the room was just right. The desk staff was young, attentive, knowledgeable, and very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the things that I just described. I would stay at the Shoreline again.

Hotel is just a few blocks from Waikiki beach. The hotel provides free beach towels for you to use. The hotel is just a block from the Royal Hawaiian Center, which is a major shopping and restaurant center. The Royal Hawaiian hotel puts on a free, top-notch Hawaiian music and dance show at the Center five nights a week at 6PM. I believe that each of these free shows is of higher quality than any show you could pay to see on the Island.

The Shoreline is only two blocks from Lewers St and one block from Kalikaua Ave, which are major shopping streets. There is also a McDonalds less than a block away. It is easy to get from the Shoreline Hotel to the highways that take you to every part of the island. Recommend you use a GPS for guiding your driving.

Trip Advisor reviews of the Shoreline do include a number of reviews which indicate issues exist. Some were due to unrealistic expectations. However, when you go to a restaurant or a hotel, you get a feel for how the hotel management views and implements their role. Same is true for the Shoreline. I noticed a few things that I wondered about, so I asked one of the desk staff who owns the hotel? The answer was surprising, and explanatory. It was: "The owners of this hotel are anonymous. It is managed by the Joie de Vivre company." I believe that this explains many of the negative reviews. I politely suggested an improvement to a desk clerk, who politely responded "That is above my pay grade." In my nine days at the hotel, I never saw anyone who looked like a manager.

The parking situation for the hotel is a problem. It has limited parking spaces. You have to check with the hotel every day to see if they have space for your car. If not, you park across the street, where you pay daily, ONLY IN CASH and no bills larger than a $20. Management should settle which option you will use before you arrive, and if you park across the street, you should be able to pay the hotel, who then pays the other parking garage.

Once I asked the desk clerk to change a $100 bill for some $20 bills so I could pay the garage. They didn't have enough twenties to change the $100 bill. I was really surprised by this.

Another small but easily fixable problem is that the soap dish by the sink in our room was a simple flat bottomed plastic box with no drain holes or raised bars to keep the soap above the water which drains off a used bar of soap. Thus the bar of soap was always a bit soft.

I believe that the issues that I have listed here are easily fixable. I have written them here, not as complaints, but as suggestions for improvement. I would recommend the hotel to others, and would stay there again, even if the small issues were not removed or ameliorated.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. There was some street noise, but not much. It is possible that a higher floor might have a bit less street noise. However, if the small amount of street noise that we experienced would be bothersome to you, you should probably not stay in any downtown hotel anywhere.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mel M
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

With so many hotels in the area, this hotel definitely will keep me coming back due to their friendly staff and clean atmosphere. The location is very central to Waikiki. P.s-I liked the keurig coffee in the lobby ;)

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Gragusa1
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Aloha Gragusa1,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. With the competitive nature that is Waikiki hotels I am thrilled to know that you will be staying with us again. Our front desk hosts and housekeepers always do their very best to ensure a comfortable, clean, and alluring guest experience.

Mahalo,

Daniel Floren,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very clean but petite hotel room, all amenities were excellent including shower and bed. Not much storage space, but has safe, microwave, and frig. Our maid service could have used a little work as we were regularly shorted a towel or washcloth, do not believe maid spoke good English, but a call to front desk always resulted in prompt service. A/C was not working first day but was attended to by management the next day. Keurig coffee machine and ice water in lobby is a nice touch. Comfortable lobby, wireless internet in rooms.

Room Tip: Very busy access street (Seaside) with lots of service vehicles and tour bus pickups so try to avoid street rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chasclm
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent hotel! I needed a place to stay in Waikiki for a couple of nights, and I’m glad I chose Shoreline. At this price point in Waikiki, one would expect a standard room with standard service. However, Shoreline far exceeded my expectations. The vintage modern design of the lobby was warm and welcoming. It gave off a hip/cool vibe that sets itself apart from the other (mostly outdated) hotels in the area. The guest room was just the right size, and had all the amenities I needed. Above everything, though, was the staff’s extraordinary level of customer service. They knocked it out of the park. Everyone seemed genuine, and went out their way to make sure that I had a pleasant stay. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine A
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I visited Oahu from a neighboring island for a mini-vacation. The Shoreline turned out to be the perfect choice for us! Its location in Waikiki ensured that it was within walking distances of beaches, shopping and restaurants. However, since its off the main strip, it is a lot quieter and cheaper too - a win-win! The standout of this hotel though, was the incredibly professional and helpful staff. They recommended some great restaurants and places to check out, that definitely made our vacation more memorable. We'll be sure to stay here again when we return to Oahu.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple