“Great location”

Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The shoreline hotel was centrally located. Nice tidy rooms. Got a bit noisy on Friday evening but it wasn't for long.

Staff were nice and friendly and helpful with directions. Loads of brochures at reception and Starbucks was within 5 mins walk.

Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Aloha Colleen,

It's very nice to see you enjoyed your experience at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki. From the location to our staff, it's great everything helped to improve your stay.

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Daniel Floren
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I was skeptical about this place at first because usually seaside hotels are not the best but my sisters and I were pleasantly surprised! We originally booked a regular room but upgraded to a junior suite for about $30 more a night so the total price came out to be about $150/night during from dec 21-25...which is really cheap.
Pros:
-this location is really good and ideal. Close to everything and tons of restaurants and shopping within 3 min walking distance.
-the room was fairly spacious and clean. I agree with some other members that the room update could be done a little better but I honestly didn't expect perfection for the price.
-my sister has sinus issues and usually has an issue with the air condition drying out her nose but this one was fine.
-wifi is free
-service is good.

Things to consider:
-parking is valet only for $26/night although this is pretty typical everywhere.
-you can print boarding passes downstairs for free but everything else requires a credit card.
-this is not a resort so it has no room service or restaurant but to honest, you're so close to other restaurants, this one didn't bother me at all.

I thought this place was a really good deal for the price and would definitely stay here again cause of the location.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank BayAreaChino
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm still currently at the Shoreline but had to ensure I wrote a review. Very clean good size rooms for the price. I am pedantic about cleanliness and this place is brilliant. I was and still am very impressed. They let us check in at 9am due to our early flight which was a lifesaver after coming from Australia! It really is the best location to so many venues. Only 5 min walk to the beach and all shops are easily accessible. The staff are so courteous and we've appreciated their assistance when needed. Coffee and cold water available for guests in the lobby, rooftop pool, beach towels for hire, quiet location, TV with loads of channels, WiFi available and shops everywhere. I want to come back with my family so I will be looking up Shoreline for my next trip! Very happy and do recommend this place.

Room Tip: 9th floor was more than fine for us. Very quiet and comfortable. I am a terrible sleeper and still...
2  Thank BDMonty
Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you're looking for clean, comfortable, convenient and welcoming hotel in Waikiki that won't break the bank, you could spend a lot of time reading reviews and looking at maps and tryng to find what seems like a very elusive combination, particularly at Christmas time.
Or... you could save yourself a heap of effort and just reserve a room here instead! We're not surprised to see the Shoreline rating well on TA because we think it's got just the right mix of value, location, comfort and service.
And since we arrived hot, tired and flustered 24 hours ahead of our reservation - owing to a slight miscalculation with the international dateline - we were able to put the system to the test. Not only did Pete on the front desk do his best to make us feel less stupid, he efficientlly booked us into the same room for a better price.
We were on the 7th floor in a king/city view room. As others have noted there is a bit of street noise in the morning but nothing to get too worried about. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well both nights.
We would go back without hesitaton,

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Holidayed there with my fiancé for our first holiday with no children in 5 years...it was wonderful...rooms were clean, big balcony, reasoanable price and within 5 mins walk to the beach (with ocean views)....we had a great time and would stay here again

Room Tip: We had room 1328 - seems to have an exceptionally large balcony which was great :)
1  Thank DrewnSash
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed at the Shoreline Hotel for 10 nights in November/December 2013. The hotel is in a quiet street just around the corner from Kalakaua Avenue the main street in Waikiki. The hotel is modern and clean. The staff are all friendly and very helpful. Free coffee and tea in the reception area 24/7. Valet parking on-site at a fee per night. One night we arrived back quite late and had to use the car park over the road but this was no problem at all. The room was clean and had everything you need, comfy bed, flat screen tv, microwave, coffee making, free wi fi, safe. If we were to complain about anything the air conditioner was a little noisy - it didn't keep me awake at night but my partner who has sensitive hearing used earplugs. I was there for my birthday and was left a card and box of chocolates in the room which was a very thoughtful touch. We had a room on the 9th floor which didn't have a great view but we were out so much it wasn't a problem. The hotel is very quiet, peaceful and central to the main part of Kalakaua Avenue where there's restaurants, shops and easy access to the beach. If you're looking for a great hotel close to everything without paying big dollars this is definitely the place to stay. We would stay here again.

1  Thank KSTravellers
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We booked 1 night ($200) on their website and got the 14th floor ( top floor ) which was surprisingly quiet ( facing the ocean side ). Our room and bathroom were very clean. 2 free bottles of water. Very kind and gracious front desk staff. Also allowed us to check out 1 hour later. Great location. Oh and free coffee and newspapers in the lobby. Great experience overall.

• Stayed: December 2013