“Top class service”

Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed during early August 2013. We have been holidaying in Honolulu each year for the last 20 years and have tried many different locations. The 'Shoreline' is situated between Kuhio and Kalakaua which means excellent access to the best shopping that Waikiki can offer. Our room was clean, comfortable and compact. The cost was as expected for August. The top rating that we give it is for the top service that was given from those who work there. Nothing was too much trouble, everyone had time to stop and explain whenever we had a question and even after we had paid our bill in the morning, they were still demonstrating their kindness at 8 pm while we waited to leave for a late night flight.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank makoha
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Aloha makoha!

We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre hotel! We truly do have a wonderful team of employees here. Everyone was so excited to read that you had such a wonderful time while visiting. Come back and see us again sometime!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 4th to the 10th of this month and enjoyed everyday of our vacation the hotel is centrally located in the heart of Waikiki making it extremely easy to love around without renting a car.

The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable had no complaints at all and I must recognize Romell, Tyson and the busboy Dustin they were extremely helpful for the duration of the trip letting me know where to go and what buses to take truly appreciate the assistance and Romell addressing me as Mr. Forbes everytime we passed by although I didn't want it I appreciated it.

I am sure I will return to Oahu and there would be no other hotel to stay at other than the Shoreline.

Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed: August 2013

Aloha JLForbes!

It means so much to the team here at the Shoreline Hotel to hear that you had such an amazing visit! Rommel, Tyson and Dustin were especially thrilled to read your review. We are all very happy that you enjoyed your time with us! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed there July 30-August 4, 2013. Everything was excellent. Room was small but fine. Everything was clean and up-to-date. Fantastic balcony and view of Waikiki. Staff were terrific, even when TS Flossie disrupted our travel plans. Price was unbeatable, as was the location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MHeesacker

Aloha MHeesacker!

I just wanted to write a quick note to thank you for the kind words. We certainly understand that the tropical weather in Hawaii can create some stress sometimes, so we are happy to hear that the storm did not keep you from having an amazing vacation. Come back and stay with us again sometime. We'll try to order better weather for you next time!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Shoreline Hotel for a week to celebrate out 10th anniversary. It was within walking distance of great shopping, restaurants and nightlife plus was only about a 10 minute walk from the heart of the Waikiki beach. The staff was unbelievably helpful and friendly. We were always greated with a smile when we came back from our excursions. The room was spacious enough for our week long stay and I don't recall when I have slept on a bed as comfortable.

I am usually quite critical of hotels being in the hotel business for over 20 years, but this hotel sure did it right. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fenster45
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Aloha Fenster45!

We are so happy that you had such a wonderful anniversary celebration at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre hotel. We certainly appreciate your feedback - especially from a hotelier such as yourself! Much mahalo and we hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent staff and hotel! Traveled to Hawaii for the first time for a family reunion and it was a very memorable vacation. Our room was very nice and we look forward to returning to Hawaii. The food was fantastic! Waikiki beach was beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha I95traveler!

Thank you so much for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre hotel. We are very happy to hear that you had such an amazing family reunion and vacation. Come back and see us again next time!

Mahalo,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights and was very happy overall with the room, service and especially the location.
Location: The location was perfect for me, only a block away from Waikiki beach, a 3 to 4 minute walk to the International Market (via taking the back streets, it takes me right to the foodcourt). Most tours pick you up and drop you off across the road from the hotel. Shopping is right in your front door step (practically).. the pink trolley line only about a 2 minute walk from there. Overall, everything is within easy walking distance. Another thing is I felt safe in this hotel and also, walking around on my own at 11pm at night in this area which is important for a female solo traveller.
Room: Despite the room being on the small side - the room was very clean and the same with the bathroom.. Cleanliness is important to me and Shoreline definitely delivered that. It is sooo nice to check in to a really nice clean room! The bed was comfortable and loved the ambience and overall decor of this boutique hotel. I was on the 11th floor so quite high up - for that reason - I didn't hear any street noise.. and hardly heard a peep from the other rooms. bonus! The only tiny downside is the air conditioner is right there and got quite loud.. lucky, I didn't really need it as I often had my balcony door open to let the breeze in at night.
Service: Overall, I was very satisfied with the service. There was a wrong billing when I used the printer in the lobby but I was refunded promptly. Also, housekeeping at one stage kept forgetting to replace the dirty coffee cup - it sat there for a couple of days until I left a note to request for a new clean cup. Attention to detail would have been good. But overall, as mentioned this hotel is clean :-) The hotel reception, were very helpful - I enquired about public transportation (the receptionist gave me directions to where to go and also told me where the little side streets to take shortcuts to get to the International Market quicker. Another big plus is the free WIFI of up to 5 devices.. Really appreciated this as other hotels will probably charge you an arm and a leg or resort fees. As this was my first time in Hawaii, staying at this hotel played a big part of my enjoyable holiday in Hawaii! Thanks Shoreline :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ilherbie

Aloha ilherbie!

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your recent stay at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience. Hopefully your first time in Hawaii will not be your last and we would love to be your home away from home anytime you visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at the Shoreline for 9 nights. The room was a decent size for two adults, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and although small was not cramped. The hotel is located extremely close to the beach and to Kalakaua ave- it is hard to imagine a better location without spending a fortune. The staff were very friendly however not all of them were entirely helpful. The Shoreline is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nadia O

Aloha Nadia O!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for sharing! Come back and see us again sometime!