“Amazing!”

Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is amazing. Great location with a main drag of Waikiki just up the road and a revolving restaurant on the corner and Starbucks at another corner along with two ABC stores in walking distance (as in like two minutes at most walk!)

The staff are friendly and attentive and you must dine at the restaurant ChaChaCha.

We came here for our honeymoon and loved every minute of it.

My only issue was the bed could have been a King or Queen sized and not a double bed, but since we were out and about each day from early till late taking in sights and tours etc, it's really not a big deal

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that has a desk in it. From our stay, they were rooms that appeared bigger if y...
3  Thank Edward L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,699)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights recently and we couldn't be more pleased with every thing. All members of staff, from the cleaners to front desk officers, were particularly friendly and helpful. Their professionalism is simply wonderful.

The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants, Waikiki Beach, transport, etc....really, it is so central! The rooms are maintained tidy and clean each day, and we find its comforting that hygiene is viewed as an important issue for guests.

We highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank sfe-co2
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the Shoreline Waikiki a week and a half ago and I was immediately impressed with the property! The location is fantastic, right down the street from the best shopping in Waikiki. The building is small and intimate- a lobby with a beautiful high ceiling adorned with bright colored comfortable orange leather sofas and warm inviting lighting in the evenings. The lighting fixtures swayed in the breeze coming through the louvered windows. Upon Arrival on my four day trip, I was given an upgraded room ( so thankful, wish I remembered the desk agents name)- imagine my surprise when I stepped onto the lanai in my room on the 12th floor and saw that I had an amazing ocean view!!

There's a chalkboard across from the elevator with pertinent local info. I learned the Hawaiian word for child (Keiki) , was kept abreast of local sunrise/sunset times and was given a tip for the day, which I followed and was quite happy I did.

My room was well appointed , with comfortable clean linens, a cute white desk chair, beautiful flat screened tv, an alarm clock that doubled as an iPod/iPhone speaker, and the toiletries were plentiful and nice as well.

The outdoor pool is located on the 14th floor rooftop. It's small but sparkling and secluded. I enjoyed the ocean view while sun bathing and swimming in relative solitude.

The adjoining restaurant Cha, Cha, Cha has delicious tacos and an impressive selection of tequila. There's a wall of fame for those that have tried every kind on the menu!

Front desk agent Jun was more than happy to help me with my questions and my late checkout request and the bell desk stored my belongings after checkout so that I could enjoy my last day in Waikiki until my shuttle picked me up that evening for my red eye flight back home to LA.

I didn't wanna leave the Shoreline. I'd live there if I could. Alas, that isn't possible right now, but a girl can dream, can't she? This was the fourth hotel in Waikiki that I have stayed in in the last three years and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Thanks again and Mahalo Shoreline Waikiki. Hopefully ill see you in November to celebrate my 35th birthday with my Ohana, Keiki included :)

Aloha!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Superfudge
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Aloha Superfudge!

Mahalo for the glowing review of your recent experience at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel and Waikiki's newest boutique property. Everyone here at the Shoreline is so happy that you had some an amazing time! We are excited for your return visit in November for your 35th birthday. Bring the whole family! We'll see you soon.

All the best,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife visited Honolulu 4 times in the last 10 months, and have stayed in different hotel liked the Hyatt, Outrigger and Seaview Waikiki, (now the Shoreline Waikiki hotel). On our recent trip she convinced me to stay here because she was very happy when she stayed here with her brother just before Christmas. She was absolutely right and our 10 days stay was a very happy and memorable one. The staffs were very knowledgable of the events around town and tremendous in offering advices and directions, and not to forget mentioning their happy SMILES. . Special commendations goes to Vikky, Alex and the filipino girl on the front desk.( Sorry forgot her name). The room service was excellent and front desk is always ready to check to see if we need anything and to send up clean towels if we need any. All in all, I wished anyone looking for good location and excellent hotel at a very reasonable price, to stay at the Shoreline Waikiki hotel. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Couple of rooms away from the elevator and higher floor will be nicer and quieter.
3  Thank alaysi
Coconut W, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Aloha alaysi!

I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for posting such a wonderful review of the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki! Being a Joie de Vivre Hotel, we are all about celebrating Joy of Life. I think this means something different for everyone, but after reading your review it sounds like we succeeded in making life a little more enjoyable for you and your family. We are all looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was good for the price you pay. I guess it's about a 5 minute walk to the beach, there are restaurants, coffee and shops all very close and it's very centrally located in Waikiki. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the decor is nice, and I liked having a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. There's no pool or fitness center but they have $10 passes to 24 hour fitness which is about a half mile away. The staff is very friendly and welcoming but there's no concierge or bellman since it's such a small hotel. I paid extra for the partial ocean view room and as you can see from the picture, it was just ok. I almost wish I had gone with the cheaper room without a view. I usually woke up at 6:30 or 7 everyday when the sun came up, but I noticed a lot of noise in the hallway from 7 to 9 or so; doors slamming, keys jangling, walkie talkies, so if you wanted to sleep in at all, it would've been impossible. Housekeeping did an ok job, but tended to leave at least one thing unchecked each day (not a big deal, but I wasn't going to call the front desk everyday; just not much attention to detail).
I would stay here again - the location is good, the staff is friendly, rooms are nice, it's just very basic. Also, the Mexican restaurant in the lobby is very good (and budget friendly).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jenny H
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Aloha OatmealCeiling!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki is definitely located in a very fun neighborhood just steps from the beach, restaurants, and shopping! The Shoreline is also part of the Joie de Vivre Collection which is all about "Joy of Life". I am delighted to hear that our Front Desk Hosts took good care of you while you stayed with us. On your next visit, please feel free to also utilize our Front Desk Hosts as a Concierge as they have some amazing recommendations that only a local would know. Our bellman is also available 24-hours - I apologize that you were not able to utilize their services while you were here. I also would like to apologize for the noise in the hallway in the mornings. I will remind the team to try to keep it down. Come back and see us again sometime!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Fantastic, stayed here 5 nights in total, large rooms with fridge and nice bathroom, just a short stroll away from everything. Fantastic mexian restaurant next door, free tea and coffee. Very helpful and friendly staff. Would stay here again, great value for money and less crowed and noisy than the large waterfront hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PaulaO123
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Aloha PaulaO123!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am delighted that you had such a fantastic time at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its great location (for the price)! This was our first time in Waikiki but I wouldn't have picked any other location to stay in Waikiki. Easy beach access, close to all shopping and dining. Everything within walking distance.

The room was clean and everything was pretty new. It was decent for our stay, however it was pretty much the smallest hotel room I have ever seen/stayed in. It worked for us because we just used the room for sleeping. If you are a person who enjoys hanging out at the hotel you are staying at, this probably wouldn't be a good choice. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Staff is friendly and helpful. Walk to bus line, if needed.

Make sure to make time during your trip to visit the North shore! Don't spend all your time in Waikiki.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fitfanh

Aloha fitfanh!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We were formerly the Seaside Hotel and now after our extensive renovation has completed we have launched our new name, Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel. You are certainly right about the location - it doesn't get much better! Just steps from the beach, shopping and restaurants. Also, any of our Front Desk Hosts would be happy to assist with planning a trip up to the North Shore. It truly is a must see when on Oahu! If you are looking for a slightly larger room, check out our Partial Ocean View rooms and our Junior Suites that give you a bit more space to stretch out. Come back and see us again sometime!