“? stars, but 5 stars service and hospitality”

Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Vancouver, Canada
“? stars, but 5 stars service and hospitality”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife visited Honolulu 4 times in the last 10 months, and have stayed in different hotel liked the Hyatt, Outrigger and Seaview Waikiki, (now the Shoreline Waikiki hotel). On our recent trip she convinced me to stay here because she was very happy when she stayed here with her brother just before Christmas. She was absolutely right and our 10 days stay was a very happy and memorable one. The staffs were very knowledgable of the events around town and tremendous in offering advices and directions, and not to forget mentioning their happy SMILES. . Special commendations goes to Vikky, Alex and the filipino girl on the front desk.( Sorry forgot her name). The room service was excellent and front desk is always ready to check to see if we need anything and to send up clean towels if we need any. All in all, I wished anyone looking for good location and excellent hotel at a very reasonable price, to stay at the Shoreline Waikiki hotel. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Couple of rooms away from the elevator and higher floor will be nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alaysi
Coconut W, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Aloha alaysi!

I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for posting such a wonderful review of the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki! Being a Joie de Vivre Hotel, we are all about celebrating Joy of Life. I think this means something different for everyone, but after reading your review it sounds like we succeeded in making life a little more enjoyable for you and your family. We are all looking forward to your next visit!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was good for the price you pay. I guess it's about a 5 minute walk to the beach, there are restaurants, coffee and shops all very close and it's very centrally located in Waikiki. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the decor is nice, and I liked having a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. There's no pool or fitness center but they have $10 passes to 24 hour fitness which is about a half mile away. The staff is very friendly and welcoming but there's no concierge or bellman since it's such a small hotel. I paid extra for the partial ocean view room and as you can see from the picture, it was just ok. I almost wish I had gone with the cheaper room without a view. I usually woke up at 6:30 or 7 everyday when the sun came up, but I noticed a lot of noise in the hallway from 7 to 9 or so; doors slamming, keys jangling, walkie talkies, so if you wanted to sleep in at all, it would've been impossible. Housekeeping did an ok job, but tended to leave at least one thing unchecked each day (not a big deal, but I wasn't going to call the front desk everyday; just not much attention to detail).
I would stay here again - the location is good, the staff is friendly, rooms are nice, it's just very basic. Also, the Mexican restaurant in the lobby is very good (and budget friendly).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jenny H
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Aloha OatmealCeiling!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki is definitely located in a very fun neighborhood just steps from the beach, restaurants, and shopping! The Shoreline is also part of the Joie de Vivre Collection which is all about "Joy of Life". I am delighted to hear that our Front Desk Hosts took good care of you while you stayed with us. On your next visit, please feel free to also utilize our Front Desk Hosts as a Concierge as they have some amazing recommendations that only a local would know. Our bellman is also available 24-hours - I apologize that you were not able to utilize their services while you were here. I also would like to apologize for the noise in the hallway in the mornings. I will remind the team to try to keep it down. Come back and see us again sometime!

Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Fantastic, stayed here 5 nights in total, large rooms with fridge and nice bathroom, just a short stroll away from everything. Fantastic mexian restaurant next door, free tea and coffee. Very helpful and friendly staff. Would stay here again, great value for money and less crowed and noisy than the large waterfront hotels.

3 Thank PaulaO123
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Aloha PaulaO123!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am delighted that you had such a fantastic time at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki. We are looking forward to your next visit!

phx, az
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its great location (for the price)! This was our first time in Waikiki but I wouldn't have picked any other location to stay in Waikiki. Easy beach access, close to all shopping and dining. Everything within walking distance.

The room was clean and everything was pretty new. It was decent for our stay, however it was pretty much the smallest hotel room I have ever seen/stayed in. It worked for us because we just used the room for sleeping. If you are a person who enjoys hanging out at the hotel you are staying at, this probably wouldn't be a good choice. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Staff is friendly and helpful. Walk to bus line, if needed.

Make sure to make time during your trip to visit the North shore! Don't spend all your time in Waikiki.

3 Thank fitfanh
Aloha fitfanh!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We were formerly the Seaside Hotel and now after our extensive renovation has completed we have launched our new name, Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel. You are certainly right about the location - it doesn't get much better! Just steps from the beach, shopping and restaurants. Also, any of our Front Desk Hosts would be happy to assist with planning a trip up to the North Shore. It truly is a must see when on Oahu! If you are looking for a slightly larger room, check out our Partial Ocean View rooms and our Junior Suites that give you a bit more space to stretch out. Come back and see us again sometime!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2013

For my 39th birthday I ventured off to waikiki for 8 days of fun in the sun! After 22 hours of commuting I arrived at seaside only to find the hotel under renovation!! Wasn't happy considering my 10 day trip in oct 2012 was at the park shore and they too were under renovation at the time.

Seaside staff were impeccable...the rooms were clean, relatively quiet despite the construction! The pool was closed but despite not being a huge ocean swimmer I ventured outside my comfort zone and loved every moment.

The staff are helpful, prompt and the in hotel restaurant has amazing food!

I wish seaside had studio kitchenettes for rent....I would love a long term stay unit!

I wasn't disappointed and Loved the personal attention I received from the desk staff!

Mahalo....

Room Tip: I faced the ocean.....not a great view on the lower floors....dumpy apt building!! Ask for higher fl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Angelh74
Aloha Angelh74!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are delighted that you had such a great birthday. Our renovation is now complete and we have launched our new name, Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel. If you are looking for a kitchenette, you could try our sister property, the Coconut Waikiki Hotel, just a couple blocks away. Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Kelowna B.c
Reviewed May 12, 2013

this hotel is in a great location, close to beach, shopping, dining, e.t.c. our room was clean comfortable,had a fridge,and mircrowave.small balcony to hang out on.the staff were all very nice, and helpfull.i think this hotel is a bargain compared to others in the same area.thanks for a great week shoreline!

3 Thank ride0n
Aloha ride0n!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki certainly is located in an amazing spot - very close to the beach, shopping, and restaurants. We are very pleased that you had such a great time. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is now Shoreline Hotel - just changed the name not too long ago.

The location is super- everything is within walking distance. We got the renovated room but the renovation is just half-done. They probably changed some decor and (maybe) the carpet in the room but the old tiles and part of the old sinks/tub remains, a bit weird imo. We have stayed in quit a few boutique hotel and I cant really call this a boutique hotel. A bit disappointed with the room. It certainly looked nicer in pictures.

We didnt get a very high up room so it was pretty noisy as it's at the heart of waikiki. Didnt bother us but could be a problem for light sleepers. If you like to party and don't mind too much for the room, this would be a good choice.

P.S: there is no swimming pool due to the renovation

2 Thank Claire W
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Aloha Claire W!

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are correct! Now that our renovation is complete, we did launch our new name - Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel.

I apologize about the noise from the street. Hotels in any urban environment can certainly be a bit noisy at times. Next time you travel to Waikiki, let me know and I will make sure you get a room on a higher floor!