“Exceeded my expectations! Best egg sandwich on the planet!” 5 of 5 stars

Morning Glass Coffee
Ranked #7 of 88 Coffee & Tea in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exceeded my expectations! Best egg sandwich on the planet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Ok, so this is going to sound ridiculous but I'm telling you it's true - their egg sandwich was among my top 3 meals in Hawaii. Yes, it was just an egg sandwich but it was the ultimate egg sandwich. The quality of the ingredients they use is what makes this place so great. I also enjoyed an iced mocha with my egg sammy which was equally delish! They brew each cup individually so it takes a few minutes but it is well worth the wait! This place is a bit off the beaten path but if you have a car during your stay in Oahu you have to go! If this place wasn't 5,000 miles away from home I'd be a regular :) See you next year Morning Glass, until then I'll be working on replicating your masterpiece of an egg sandwich.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelBeanKG

Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best things I've ever eaten ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The morning glass is incredible. My coffee was heavenly and the egg sandwich was so good it made my toes curl.

Morning glass has a pretty small menu, but if you're not picky (like I only eat plain I Hop pancakes every morning picky) give it a shot. My wife and I enjoy getting off the beaten path and eating things we can't get at home. This was right up our ally.

The fun vibe, friendly service, and creative cuisine made both of us very happy we made the short trek to morning glass.

1 Thank jgiano
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The Best Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

They use the v60 drip for their coffee and it gets the best out of every bean. The food is usually good. I had the breakfast scone once and it was pretty dry and tasteless but have been back since and they've fixed that recipe.

Service is good and the staff are always friendly. Prepare to queue though during the week, as it's quite a small place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Euan B
Maui
“Creative breakfasts (in a good way) + super service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Despite the wait, it was worth it. The Mac and cheese pancakes were really something with maple syrup and you must get the bacon with it! They had crunchy little cheesy bits and were perfectly fried off the griddle. My latte had an erupting volcano in the foam - so artful. My husband's skillet eggs and spinach was delightful and came with three pieces of toast - perfect if you're a sunny side up dipper because two pieces just isn't enough! Super competent and efficient servers. It'd be better without all the crowds but then wouldn't everything? Wishful thinking when the food and service are so good!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Goodwitch1965
Koloa, Hawaii
“Mac N Cheese Pancakes....oh yes please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went back to Morning Glass on Saturday after a strenuous workout. I mean what the heck, we burned a few hundred calories why not get those back with Mac N Cheese pancakes?! I love this place. It reminds me of the Northwest. The seating area is essentially a screened in porch. They allow dogs but only for certain tables. This place gets crowded and the wait can be long but it is worth it. If you are getting food to go DO NOT sign in on the wait list. That is for customers waiting for a table only. They seem to have a problem with this. People don't read the instructions on the list.....it is right there in black and white people! The portions are huge and definitely big enough to share. Have your order ready before you are seated if it is busy since it can take a while to get your food when they are slammed.
On a nice day you can see Manoa Falls in the distance. Hawaii.....coffee.....waterfalls.....beautiful!

• Visited June 2013