“Best Pho In Honolulu!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had tried a lot of different pho since moving to Hawaii, and none of them seemed to meet my expectations. Then I tried Pho 27, in Fairwood Drive-In (at the Kaimuki Shopping Center), and I was finally happy!

I get the medium, the bowls are gracious, with two meat (double sliced steak) and am off to Pho heaven! When you get your pho make sure you get some fish sauce, it adds a great richness, and "soup" it with whatever else you care for.

I haven't tried much else there, but I hope everybody is able to enjoy it as much as I have. :-)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We've been here twice already, and plan to return often. We've only had the pho and dessert, even though the other menu items look tempting. The pho broth is flavorful, and the pho noodles are slightly textured (not your usual slippery variety). One great thing is that you can ask for extra veggies (even more of specific ones) which they bring out promptly and without a second blink even if you request a second or third plate. Service is very fast and gracious. Each table comes equipped with its own supply of napkins and utensils neatly tucked away in a cute drawer. The restaurant's interior is very welcoming, bright and cheerful, suitable for a nice casual date (a refreshing departure from the incongruous Chinese takeout strangely located at the front of the retail space). The only other conflict with the otherwise great ambience of Pho27 was the constant showing of action movies on a big movie screen (as large as one wall); kind of distracting--like eating with a huge TV on. If you don't like this visual distraction, get a window seat. Lots of free parking, and this place is open later in a neighborhood that is otherwise lacking for nice eating places after the regular dinner hour.

Been to Pho 27? Share your experiences!