“If you want to experience sailing, then the "Love Boats" your answer”
Review of Tradewind Charters

Tradewind Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tradewind Charters has specialized in private yacht charters for 2 - 75 guests for over 30 years. Aboard their vessels you can go sailing, snorkeling, whale watching, dinner cruising and celebrate birthdays, weddings & receptions at sea. They also offer private memorial ash scattering services at sea. Their staff can customize catering and beverage menus for you to suit your tastes and budget. Count on them for friendly and professional service.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our group of 4 chose the "half day sail and snorkel" tour. As it was just our small group, we were given lots of personal attention. The Cpt. and first mate, though they argued sometimes like a married couple, were very cordial, entertaining, as well as safe and knowledgable. My brother in law was allowed to take the helm under their guidance which was a huge treat for him. On the way along the coast of Waikiki to Diamond Head, we stopped for 40 min or so at "Turtle Crater" to see and snorkel with the sea turtles though the visability was less than 10 feet that day. All said, we had a simply marvoulous time out on the "Love Boat" sailing. If your looking for a very individual, enjoyable, hands on experience then this is the trip for you!

1  Thank David H

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Tradewind Charters on Oahu is a company that I would advise not using for a memorial (release of ashes), outer island service. You are better off charting directly the local island captain- Maui via Scotch Mist 2 or Trilogy catamaran, and buying your leis/bags of flowers from local island vendors. After months of planning-reserving, our charter America 2 was cancelled (72 hrs prior), knowing that the ship had already been posted for receivership. So, we scaled down to a local ship - The Scotch Mist 2 (max 18-20) people, sail boat. Our local Maui guests/residents felt that we had spent "way too much" for the charter, that in the end was a local-sublease charter event. So, recommend you bypass Tradewinds Charter (Oahu), and go with Maui: Trilogy and or Scotch Mist 2.

2  Thank Sylvia C
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our Private 2-Hour Cruise on our private sailboat around Waikiki, Honolulu and Diamond Head!!! Captain Ken took care of us when he was not available for our "2 hour cruise" around Waikiki with stunning views of Diamond Head and sea life! They also provided some veggie appetizers followed by some wings and other bites. You can enhance your dinner experience by just telling them what you would want to have for dinner or lunch or apps (in advance of course). I called them up that morning for an evening cruise. It was a totally private experience and, in my opinion, affordable for the quality. We had a Captain and a first mate who took care of everything, complete with awesome stories from the sea and other interesting origins! We are NOT avid sailors but do love to hire a captain whenever we can to take us out! Conclusion: Well worth it, felt taken care of, stunning visuals, great staff...I heartily endorse Tradewind Charters of Honolulu!

2  Thank MarkStoryLandSea
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It is my fiances 30th birthday and I wanted to surprise him with something special so I booked a romantic dinner cruise for two. Once I had received my conformation email I realized that there was no price quoting for any of the information. Upon calling the local number to inquire about the payment his response was "I am on vacation so can't you just write down the number"... My concern was when you are spending this much money on a charter it would behoove one to get a number in writing prior to setting sail. Upon asking that it be text or emailed he told me "this booking should only take 5 minutes of my time and if you want to waste any more of my time now you might as well cancel the reservation..." Obviously to which I gladly accepted the offer and canceled immediately. I have never worked with anyone in sales whom had such blatant disregard for their customers. I recommend giving your money to someone whom desires your patronage and this company is hardly that...

6  Thank jMack86
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was a great experience, great people, everything was beautiful, great afternoon in the sun, fish everywhere, turtles here and there, we were out in the afternoon so did not see the whales but were advised of this before our outing and chose the sun instead. Great captain with Paul as our host for the afternoon, Ken set it all up for us very accommadating, one of our highlights of our trip to Oahu, thank you again for your great hospitallity.

David from Calgary