Tripadvisor

from $44.48
from $164.61
from $123.87
More Info
All reviews dive master octopus great dive shore dive sea tiger hanauma bay two tank turtle canyon these guys diving experience white tip reef sharks between dives boat crew great company marine life experienced divers other companies
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great two-tank dive. We chose the two shallow dives because it had been a while since my wife had dived. Our guide, Lauren, was great and super patient with everyone. He did a refresher right on the dock and made sure we all felt comfortable before getting going.

These dives probably had the most diverse aquatic life we’ve seen on a dive before. At the turtle cleaning station, we saw around 10 sea turtles, which was pretty incredible. Having a majestic creature like that swim within 3 feet of you is pretty stunning. In addition to a ton of tangs, wrasse, and triggers, we also saw a few brilliant yellow trumpet fish. We were up close to a giant eel, saw a reef shark, and our guide found an octopus as well, who sprayed his ink at us. Pretty cool! While in the boat we saw several groups of dolphin jumping and playing. We heard them while diving but couldn’t find them.

The only two slight bummers on the trip were 1) There was no option for pictures. Usually, a dive shop will offer to have someone tag along and take pictures OR they’ll sell/rent underwater cameras. You meet at the boat for this dive (not at the dive shop), so there was no option for photography. 2) We were supposed to leave at 11am but the early dive group didn’t get back until around 11:20, so we didn’t pull out until 11:45. After our dives, the captain later thanked us for “helping him get back on track with time.” I felt a little cheated because our dives got cut a little short (plenty of air left in the tanks for both dives). The dives were still good length but probably 5-10 minutes shorter than they should’ve been.

Overall, a great day of diving. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Bowiejh1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Training was great~ very thorough and professional! My guide and driver "Greg" was so helpful and encouraging.

Only 1 complaint~ I ask the bald~headed instructor to help me get the shoulder part of the suit on and he very rudely said "I can give a sarcastic reply, but I won't"...

It was very rude and unprofessional and I did not appreciate that immature and snide remark. I knew how to put the life jacket on but just needed help with the shoulder part and he seemed immature giving me attitude about it.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Hawaii for a conference and wanted to try scuba diving. It was my first diving experience ever, and it was absolutely amazing and worth the money! I saw fishes, turtles, baby shark, coral reefs, octopus, and so much more!!! Would definitely recommend to first time divers!!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and i dove 1.15.19, and really had a great trip. Right from the start, when Ken told us the visibility might not be great, and that if we wanted to no-go with a full refund, that was fine. He wants happy divers. All in the small group (5 of us) hung in there.
The wreck dive (Sea Tiger) was really fabulous, full of life and, to Ken's surprise, pretty clear vis (30' or so). The second dive was also good, though the surge was strong and the visibility much more limited. Ken was great at guiding and, as we are less experienced divers, we welcomed his tips/tricks; he's clearly a great teacher.
Would highly recommend this trip, and Ken in particular!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed diving with Living Ocean Scuba in Honolulu. I did a 2-tank reef dive in January but they do other dives too, including snorkeling. The team is professional and responded very quickly to my requests and questions. The gear is flawless and the dives was probably one of the better ones I did. We say about 10 huge green sea turtles and 4 reef sharks. The guides are nice and friendly and very knowledgeable about the dive sites and any sea creatures and plants that you might encounter. Definitely would book again with Living Ocean Scuba.