“Best dive ever.”
Review of Living Ocean Scuba

Living Ocean Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Scuba Diving tours in Oahu, Hawaii. Scuba diving tours at Hanauma Bay Nature preserve (no experience required) and Boat diving charters from Waikiki. We offer two trips daily at Hanauma Bay, the perfect place to try scuba diving. Also check out our Two Tank Shipwreck and Reef charter in the morning for certified divers and the Two Tank Turtle and Reef dive in the afternoon - great for new, inexperienced and rusty divers. Boat dives include free transportation from Waikiki.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to Hanauma Bay for the 45min dive. Dave was an awesome instrustor, took great care of me. This is my second time diving but he made me feel very safe and calm. He made sure I saw most species of fish and even a sea turtle!!! He uploaded pics promptly too. Beauuuutiful ocean!!! This scuba experience is just outstanding.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I can't say enough about how GREAT Living Ocean and the dive master Dave is. We did 2 40-foot dives and loved it. This was my first ocean dive and was a little nervous but Dave was super calm and relaxed and made me feel very secure and comfortable. He didn't hesitate to wait a few minutes to go down the line when I showed a little bit of anxiety before doing the dive. He made sure I felt confident and only continued with the dive when he knew I felt ready. When it came to our second dive it was the most popular spot for turtles and for some reason the other dive teams that were with us didn't see any turtles but we were able to see FOUR of them and were the only ones out of about 20 people. Dave knew right where to go and made it a fun and successful dive. Dave made sure to look back at us often and make sure we were always right with him and able to see as much sea life as possible. This made me not only feel very safe with my first time diving but also was able to enjoy all that there was to offer. If I go back to Oahu or know anyone who is I would recommend Living Ocean every time. (We also got very clear and GREAT digital pictures that were sent to us within hours of getting back from the dive)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a rusty, but experienced diver and I was looking for a good opportunity to introduce my two kids to scuba diving. I really liked the idea of walking into the water with them for their first time rather than jumping in from a boat. So, after reading some reviews, I booked with Dave.

Our overall experience was wonderful! We met Dave at 7:30 am and after getting suited up, we headed down to the beach. After some practice in the calm, shallow water, we began our dive. The water was clear and the visibility was good. My kids (15yo boy and 11yo girl) did really well and Dave was really patient with us. He kept a really close eye on the kids and I. We felt very safe. We saw a sea turtle resting on the bottom, a big eel, and more colorful fish than I can count.

Dave took care of everything and took the time to make it a really personal experience. My kids are hooked. By far, it was their best experience of the week long trip. Thanks Dave!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I just finished our certification with Dave today and my only word describe the experience was perfection!! From our first initial inquiry months ago Dave was extremely helpful in guiding us along the process of registering for our online course that we completed at home , answering all questions no matter how small the inquiry was and made us feel comfortable with the entire process involved. Dave didn't hesitate to call us to explain what the open dive experience would entail and always followed up promptly when we called or emailed questions. It is certainly refreshing to come across a company that genuinely cares about how the client is doing during the process. Dave's teaching skills are superb very relaxed and patient. If you are considering getting your scuba certification YOUR LOOK IS OVER!! Living Ocean Scuba is who you should call. Best wishes to Dave on your upcoming marriage in May. Dan & Bobbie Johnston, Burketon, Ontario, Canada

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Dave runs a great operation. Picks you up at your hotel, provides all the gear, and your at the dive site within minutes. Looking forward to coming back and diving Hanauma Bay.