“A Great Experience for First Time Divers!”
Review of Living Ocean Scuba

and up
Non-Certified Two Tank Turtle Boat Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Daily Scuba Diving tours in Oahu, Hawaii. Scuba diving tours at Hanauma Bay Nature preserve (no experience required) and Boat diving charters from Waikiki. We offer two trips daily at Hanauma Bay, the perfect place to try scuba diving. Also check out our Two Tank Shipwreck and Reef charter in the morning for certified divers and the Two Tank Turtle and Reef dive in the afternoon - great for new, inexperienced and rusty divers. Boat dives include free transportation from Waikiki.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a rusty, but experienced diver and I was looking for a good opportunity to introduce my two kids to scuba diving. I really liked the idea of walking into the water with them for their first time rather than jumping in from a boat. So, after reading some reviews, I booked with Dave.

Our overall experience was wonderful! We met Dave at 7:30 am and after getting suited up, we headed down to the beach. After some practice in the calm, shallow water, we began our dive. The water was clear and the visibility was good. My kids (15yo boy and 11yo girl) did really well and Dave was really patient with us. He kept a really close eye on the kids and I. We felt very safe. We saw a sea turtle resting on the bottom, a big eel, and more colorful fish than I can count.

Dave took care of everything and took the time to make it a really personal experience. My kids are hooked. By far, it was their best experience of the week long trip. Thanks Dave!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"entire crew"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I just finished our certification with Dave today and my only word describe the experience was perfection!! From our first initial inquiry months ago Dave was extremely helpful in guiding us along the process of registering for our online course that we completed at home , answering all questions no matter how small the inquiry was and made us feel comfortable with the entire process involved. Dave didn't hesitate to call us to explain what the open dive experience would entail and always followed up promptly when we called or emailed questions. It is certainly refreshing to come across a company that genuinely cares about how the client is doing during the process. Dave's teaching skills are superb very relaxed and patient. If you are considering getting your scuba certification YOUR LOOK IS OVER!! Living Ocean Scuba is who you should call. Best wishes to Dave on your upcoming marriage in May. Dan & Bobbie Johnston, Burketon, Ontario, Canada

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Dave runs a great operation. Picks you up at your hotel, provides all the gear, and your at the dive site within minutes. Looking forward to coming back and diving Hanauma Bay.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The three of us went scuba diving with coach David at Hanauma Bay. It was definitely one of the best experiences we've had. David was very friendly, telling us every step on what to do, as well as giving us safety instructions. Then we went under water to do some basic trainings. After that it was just purely magnificent views of scuba diving! David was always making sure that we were okay, being with us so that we felt safe.

Great local company to go scuba diving with, I highly recommend.