“New divers...awesome time!”
Review of Living Ocean Scuba

Living Ocean Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Scuba Diving tours in Oahu, Hawaii. Scuba diving tours at Hanauma Bay Nature preserve (no experience required) and Boat diving charters from Waikiki. We offer two trips daily at Hanauma Bay, the perfect place to try scuba diving. Also check out our Two Tank Shipwreck and Reef charter in the morning for certified divers and the Two Tank Turtle and Reef dive in the afternoon - great for new, inexperienced and rusty divers. Boat dives include free transportation from Waikiki.
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New divers...awesome time!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just got back from our first dive ever. We are in Waikiki and were picked up at our resort and driven to the departure point. Weather was great, staff were awesome... ask Mel about Snoop Dog. Our instructor was Mike who was so laid back and seemed to genuinely love scuba. We dove at two site. Our pick up time was 11:30 and we got back to the resort at 5:30ish. We saw a sting ray, scorpion fish, an octupus and a ton of other fish & urchins! There were a few pops on the boat and a communal bag of cookies (not sure if it was intended to be communal..but it was passed around)...suggest you bring your own drinks and snacks..we were hungry after diving! We have never dove before and we are not in the best shape..we had no problem with this awesome experience! Living Ocean Scuba..or bust!!!

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I could not have designed a more perfect experience!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I just received my open water certification in New England and was a bit nervous
about doing my first big ocean dive off a boat in Hawaii, as I had only made it down to 20 feet on my certification dives. As it turned out, I couldn’t have asked
for a better experience than I had with Dave and Living Ocean Scuba. Dave picked me up at my hotel and drove us out to Hawaii Kai where we shared a “dive barge” with a couple other small groups. It turned out that I was Dave’s only diver that afternoon, so I got his full attention. He outfitted me with all the gear including wetsuit, weights, and BC.
In the water, he was quite patient with the time it took me to equalize down to 40 feet.
Then we had two great dives. Dave is a soft-spoken highly competent dive master.
He was also a California lifeguard and EMT. He took awesome photos of the dive
which he gave to me on a CD to take home – Now they may end up on my Christmas cards! I highly, highly recommend Living Ocean Scuba and can’t wait to dive with them again! I could not have designed a more perfect experience!

Visited October 2012
Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Dave and Melanie are the best. One of the best dive guides I have ever had the pleasure to dive with. Thank you! We will be back.

Visited October 2012
“So glad we went with Diver Dave!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were actually supposed to go on and introductory dive with Rainbow Scuba, but after they messed up our date/time, they referred us to Living Ocean Scuba after they told us couldn't accommodate us. Boy did that work out in our favor! We went on two amazing Dives with Dave at two different sites that provided very different sea life. We shared a boat with other instructors and divers but Dave completely concentrated on my boyfriend and I. I've gone diving before and have taken classes but this was my boyfriends first time. He made us feel completely comfortable and confident before we even hit the water. He gave very good instructions on how to breathe and most importantly clear your ears. I am an audiologist and see tons of barotraumas and popped ear drums from too much ear pressure when scuba diving, so obviously instruction is very important. Once we were ready to dive, Dave led us down ad made sure we were ok every step of the way. He was very attentive to us but never hovered and let us swim around and explore.

The two sites he took us to we're amazing. The first site had tons of sea turtles and you were able to get up close and personal with them. The the second site had tona of eels, blowfish and a giant octopus. Dave found an octopus hiding under a rock and carefully picked it up for us to interact with it. It was amazing to be that close to such cool creatures. After each dive, Dave talked about the sea life we saw and gave us information on all the creatures we saw. he also took tons of pictures of us interacting with all of the sea life which turned out amazing! Our friends were so impressed with our endeavor and everything we saw on the dives.

We have to really thank Diver Dave for such and amazing day! He actually has inspired the both of us to get certified so we can go on more adventurous dives. If you're planning on going scuba diving on Oahu, definitely go with living ocean scuba. We've recommended them to all of our friends. Worth every penny! Thanks Dave!!!

“Best and Safest Scuba in Honolulu!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Dave is a superb instructor and dive guide. His briefings were insightful and allowed our group to know what to expect prior to the dive. We had a novice diver with us and she was made to feel completely comfortable throughout the dives.

It was also great to have Melanie dive with us and take photos of the group and the marine life. I thought I loved turtles until I spoke to Melanie about her love of these incredible creatures.

I am looking forward to my next five adventure with Living Ocean Scuba!