“Diving with LOS”
Review of Living Ocean Scuba

Living Ocean Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Scuba Diving tours in Oahu, Hawaii. Scuba diving tours at Hanauma Bay Nature preserve (no experience required) and Boat diving charters from Waikiki. We offer two trips daily at Hanauma Bay, the perfect place to try scuba diving. Also check out our Two Tank Shipwreck and Reef charter in the morning for certified divers and the Two Tank Turtle and Reef dive in the afternoon - great for new, inexperienced and rusty divers. Boat dives include free transportation from Waikiki.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went for my first dive together with my daughter long time ago ( not in USA ).She failed to pass a test and I do not think it was her fault. She is very good swimmer but she was not able to breathe... It look to me like there was a problem with an equipment or a valve was not opened properly or ...they just had too many guys on the boat....
Nobody checked the diving gear so carefully like Dave does.
She is a very brave girl but after that first experience never tried since.
The first dive is very important. Either you make it or... you'll never go under water again.
My kids and friend like to travel a lot. I recomended this diving company to them already, especialy to my daughter.The next time she will visit Hawaii she should try.

When diving with "Livingoceanscuba" you can really feel very safe and in addition
you may have a lot wonderful pictures.
This guys know their job, they love it and do it perfect.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great dive at hanauma bay, saw turtle, lots of different fish and coral. It was my husbands first time and he was quite nervous, but Dave worked really closely with him and got him comfortable enough to be able to really enjoy the dive and overcome a big hurdle. Both Dave and Melanie were really calm and nice, took their time, just fantastic in all ways. Got a CD with great pictures of us diving and the different fish we saw. They also have great T shirts to buy, Silly Dave loves his t-shirt and pics and we are planning to go with them on a boat dive next. We are proud to have them as members of the SillyDaveClub on YouTube.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The living ocean crew was amazing! This review is long but well worth the read!!

My step sister found their website online and the reviews were great so I inquired via email before our trip. We got very clear responses right away. Dave or Melanie were able to answer all the questions we had before we made our official reservation. They needed a credit card number to hold the reservation, but you can choose to pay whatever method you like when you do the trip which is super convenient and they were really trusting and safe so you can trust your information will be kept private.

They arranged a pick up right at our hotel, we're promptly on time and actually a little early. We were greeted by them and were assured we were in for a good time. Their fun and friendly attitudes definitely put us at ease because it was going to be basically our first time scuba diving (we took the introduction course). Melanie and Zack were super friendly, had some good stories and told us about some dives they had had in the last few weeks so gave us a good expectation of what it would be like. They showed us some cool photos of some of their previous dives so it got us pumped.

Now the dive itself! It was a small group of just 4 of us, so it was very personal... I can't emphasize more how patient and how great of an instructor Dave was! He was very clear and made sure we knew everything we needed to for our dive, especially considering we were all beginners. He made sure we understood everything and encouraged questions and I felt very safe knowing he was going to be taking care of us. We practiced a few skills first before going under which was good because if it's your first time, it's helpful to get over the initial fear your body naturally reacts to basically "breathing under water". Even when we were a little scared Dave made sure to make us feel safe and never pressured us or rushed us, he wanted to make sure we were comfortable.

The dive was beautiful, nothing I ever imagined, we saw sea turtles right on the floor of the ocean, we saw so many fish, coral. The feeling is pretty surreal! Dave made sure to capture the moment with videos and photos with their HD camera!

We went on 2 separate dives. Unfortunately my step sister and I weren't feeling our best and got seasick so we ended up skipping the second dive but they were more than accomodating, made sure we felt comfortable. Even without the second dive the price was still well worth the amazing dream come true experience!

The photos and video came out great, they got some snap shots of us with the turtles etc. and some good individual shots. They are able to burn the CD for you right away for $35 and that can be shared within your group!

All in all the dive was an awesome experience on its own, I finally got to see a sea turtle (actually I got to see about 7 of them!) and the service and friendliness of Dave, Melanie and Zack
were no doubt some of the best customer service I've had in Hawaii!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Dave and Melanie are great owners of a wonderful little dive company. I thoroughly enjoyed my day of diving with Dave. Melanie was just as pleasant and helpful.
On the day I chose to dive I was their only client for a morning wreck dive yet, instead of cancelling, Dave took me anyway. He went out of his way to make sure I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
On the next day I wanted to dive in a different area so Melanie made all the arrangements with another dive company.
In retrospect I wish I had chosen to dive a second day with Living Ocean because I enjoyed my dive with Dave so much more.
I plan to return to Hawaii very soon and have already decided to re-book with Living Ocean Scuba. They are a very good company run by two very friendly and capable owners.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Dave and Melanie took fabulous care of my daughter, wife and I on 2 days of Scuba outings! We had a great time doing 2 boat dives on one day and a shore dive (in Hanauma Bay) a second day. Though my wife doesn't scuba, she had the option to come along and snorkel instead and had a great time too. The dives were excellent thanks to the careful and thorough preparation by Dave and Melanie (and the beautiful, living ocean)! The two of them are super nice, really fun to get to know, extremely professional (on-time, organized, knowledgeable, etc.) and made our first post-certification dives a totally enjoyable experience. Yes, they spoiled us!! Melanie made it easy to arrange the dives before we got to Hawaii, and everything from there on went like clockwork. Even paying by credit card after the dive was easy (cool attachment on her iphone). I would immediately call them the next time I'm planning a trip to Hawaii - they are truly excellent!