“Choose these guys!”
Review of Center Ring Diving - CLOSED

Center Ring Diving
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went SCUBA diving & fishing with these guys, had the best two days of my trip on the boat. Diving or fishing Alan and his crew know what they're doing and they know how to make it a great time for everyone. I went with 5 of my friends both days and we were all amazed at how much fun it was, hanging out with Alan, Wanda, and their crew felt like we were just hanging out with more friends. Great food and beer, you can't go wrong! If you're looking for a boat to go out on you need to choose this one for sure!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great boat and great people. Alan, Wanda, Brandon and Mike are the best. We had a great time fishing and lunch was delicious. The big boat handles the ocean waves much better than smaller ones and has lots of room to relax between strikes.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Pros:
- awesome boat. So comfortable with tons of space to relax including inside where there's a living room or up on top with the captain. Also, the boat is so big that it can go out with any type of weather, not like others smaller boats that will cancel on you if it is not safe for them to go out.
- Alan doesn't believe that you need to wake up at the crack [--] of dawn to go diving. I love this because I'm not a morning person, especially when I'm on vacation in Hawaii.
- they are super flexible with where they go. If you have a specific site you want to dive, alan will make it happen
- Alan and his wife Wanda are a great team. They are so hospitable and treat you like their friend, not like you're a customer.
- in addition to the diving, they are a fishing boat as well, so they will catch some fish on the way out to a dive site far out. So fun!!
- they provide snacks after each dive and a full lunch. Wanda's salads are the bomb! We were well fed.
- we were invited to stay after the dive for BBQ and fireworks (fireworks only on Fridays). Like I said, we were more like old friends and less like customers.
- the groups that Alan takes out are small. We had 6 one day and 4 another day, total.
- alan and Wanda are just really interesting people. They were both in the circus in their past lives and hearig their stories is fascinating.
- beer!! Beer after the last dive on the way home is the best!!

(quasi) cons:
- this is not the kind of company that has a set departure or arrival schedule like the other dive companies that are more like conveyer belts. So if you're on a strict schedule, may not be the best set up. Although, if you tell Alan, I'm sure he would work out a time line for you because he likes to customize everyone's experience. If you need to be back at a certain time, just let him know, and I'm sure he'll do his best to accommodate.
- it's a bit more expensive than some other dive companies. But we thought it was well worth it because we were on a fantastic boat and had a custom diving experience.

Go with them. You wont regret it. We will be repeat diver next visit to Honolulu. Thanks Alan and Wanda!!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Had the pleasure of doing a diving/fishing trip with Alan, Wanda and crew, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Laid back, fun, generous and a pleasure to be around. Their expertise and attitude is unmatched. After a full day of fishing, diving, eating and boozing, they invited us back to hang out on the boat late into the night. Out came the cigars and cocktails. Truly awesome. I can't recommend them enough.