“Best thin crust on Oahu!!”
Review of JJ Dolan's

JJ Dolan's
Ranked #278 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great thin crust pizza, best on Oahu! Don't forget to check the daily specials on the chalkboard. We ordered a Margherita and a special with portugese sausage, mushrooms, roasted red peppers and feta cheese so we'd have plenty to take home. Both were great, but I prefer the Margherita because it has their awesome tomato sauce which is perfect - flavorful but not overpowering so you can enjoy the toppings. Friendly and attentive waitresses, in spite of the crowd on a Wednesday night (it was empty on Monday night). Atmosphere was loud but not rowdy. We found a table right away, but those after us had to wait about 10 minutes for theirs. I didn't have a beer, so I can't rate any of their selections. Street parking is always a challenge downtown, but a municipal lot is two short blocks away.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Beer's fresh. Service is attentive and brisk. It's noisy in there. The pizza is made on site and is pretty good. The pizza is pretty good...pretty good for Oahu pizza. Oahu residents will verify that excellent pizza is not easy to find here. So, reviews which identify this as "the best pizza in town" are not far from the truth. Despite the fact that many folks are excited that JJ Dolan's has better than average pizza, that is simply what it is, average pizza. It is a little like a person adrift at sea for a long time having great joy in finding a small island. This pizza is a small island. It is not Manhattan. Nor is it New York pizza. Yet, if I want a fresh pizza without the extreme expense of the mediocre Papa John's, nor the effort to make it at home myself, JJ Dolan's is satisfying.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a pizza snob. I go to Bianco's in Phoenix, which is often voted the best in the country, so that is my standard. While JJ Dolan's is not quite as nuanced as Bianco's, it holds its own. This pizza is so good I find I devour half of a large and I am sad when I find it physically impossible to eat more. I get the spinach and garlic white pizza. The crust is super thin and has a good crisp (I test this to see if it will stand out straight or it will droop). Half the time, I find the pizza is pretty straight (I go often enough that I can compare). It has very fresh cheese, tons of fresh garlic and the right amount of green stuff.

I am over analyzing it--it is amazingly good and that is all you need to know.

I just resent loving it so much because it is not allowed on my diet but it calls to me...

Do not waste your pizza craving calories bomb on inferior pizza, go to Chinatown and get this. It is worth it.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

A very popular place for a good pizza and wine or beer. Nice place to get together with friends and catch up with casual conversations. The wine is always good and Guiness is always on tap.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

it's very easy to walk by the door and not even know the wonders it holds inside. obviously locals have heard about it and love it! the atmosphere is not really family oriented, but the pizza is worth eating at. it's perfect for pau hana anyday. love all the choices of toppings and of course being able to customize your own is a plus. gotta go back, but parking can be difficult if not familiar with the area.