“Experience local cuisine: Plate Lunches”

Rainbow Dine-In & Take Out
Ranked #581 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very simple food options and it is very heavy on the carbs. I ordered the Mix Plate which came with fried chicken, BBQ beef and Mahi Mahi with 2 scoops of rice. I chose the coleslaw over the macaroni salad. The coleslaw has a sweet vinegar based dressing. There is no mayo in the coleslaw.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had heard a lot about Rainbow Drive-In, even from Hubby's co-worker who was from Hawaii. But after trying it...eh.

I had the loco moco they're famous for. It was okay, nothing special or even all that flavorful. I've had better at King's Hawaiian in Torrance, CA. I can't even remember what Hubby had. Neither can he. We assume it was a burger, since he was burger-bingeing. We agreed that out of all the places we ate at, many of them local, this was our least favorite.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Rainbow drive in is amazing! Local Hawaiian food at it's best. My husband and I always go when we are in Waikiki! Try the Loco Moco and the Mahi plate!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the place to go for a taste of local plate lunch! Loco Moco, chicken katsu, spam, teri plates...all is good to try! Breakfast themed plates are always a safe selection. Hey you are in Hawai'i why not just point at something and just try it?!! You don't vacation in paradise for the regular things you can get back at home!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We discovered this place after watching an episode of diners drive ins and dives. This is our second time to Waikiki since then and have visited more than once on each occasion. Love the Corned Beef and Hash, French Toast, Mahi Mahi, Chili...oh heck...the food is GREAT - if you haven't gone yet you have to go!