“Very good!”

Japengo Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Japengo Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 2,431 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Uluniu
Description: Located just steps from Waikiki Beach, Japengo Steak and Seafood delivers quality rib eye, porterhouse and grass-fed beef along with fresh island seafood in a contemporary setting with plush seating and a knowledgeable staff. If you have a hearty appetite, Japengo Steak and Seafood delivers a local culinary experience filled with flavor.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I really liked this restaurant, but don't plan on just showing up without a reservation. We went on a Sunday night and we had to wait about 30 mins. The food was very good, I wouldn't say great, and I wouldn't say great especially for the price. It was a more expensive, high end restaurant. Service was good too - maybe a little lack luster, but still very good.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had dinner for 2 , and a new Japanese beer ( for us that is )
Very fresh food , nice .I ate way too much food , could leave it on my plate .YUM

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Everything we ordered was good. Great service and large new modern restaurant.
Fried chicken supposed to be their famous plate. Kids bento comes with Chicken karaage, beef stick or shrimp tempura and rice, edamame and miso soup, drink, ice cream for $15 which was healthy good choice. Nice and modern decor but not too dark, kids friendly restaurant.

1  Thank Miracosta
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant located at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki during a weekend getaway to Hawaii. The restaurant is aesthetically pleasing, nice bar, lounge and dining area. The menu is extensive and includes a couple of tasting options.

The fish is very fresh, the lemongrass martini's very tasty. Cora was the best part of the experience. She was connected, on point and extremely friendly. Cora used my name every time she checked on me, making me feel she knew me for a long time.

I will go back to see Cora....and of course dine.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came here as a last minute choice because we found ourselves on a Sunday night without reservations so we quickly scoured Open Table and found this place. We only ate 4 maki rolls and they were fresh and delicious. Our server was very attentive and helpful in making our selections.

I'll say this, the rolls are on the more expensive side, but they are not skimpy in their servings. The quality was excellent. Now if you are feeding a large family and are used to sushi served by Koreans at your grocery store for $7 a roll, you will probably not be satisfied here. They seem to specialize in some unique combinations and we were happy which is mostly all that matters.

Make no mistake, the prices are high. And I am not sure I would go here regularly, but I would come for some fresh sushi.