$323
Westin.com
$194
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
$216
Preferred Hotels
The Modern Honolulu(Honolulu)
$219
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $256/night.

6,094 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
Reviewed December 9, 2017

This hotel is in a great location, just cross the road and you are on the beach! Heaps of shops and restaurants nearby.

The down side for me was the rooms – there were so noisy. I could hear the neighbours on either side of me and above, plus people going to the ice machine, all night long. One night I had 3 young guys in the room next to me partying til 2am - I know this isn’t the hotels fault.
I didn’t have a good night’s sleep for any my 6 nights there, and in fact checked out early and moved to another hotel where the rooms were much quieter.

The lifts were busy, especially on the weekend but the hotel did send an email before I arrived giving me a heads up of this. The rooms are advertised as renovated but I think the renovations were some time ago – but they were nice and spacious. The corridors to the rooms were very drab.

The pool area was always packed, especially in the afternoons. I think in my 6 days there I managed to get a sunbed on only 2 occasions. You can hire private cabanas at the pool but need to book well in advance for weekends.

I requested an early check-in but it didn’t seem to get recorded, however the lovely lady that checked me in, put in a rush with housecleaning and I only had to wait 2 hours.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank 12ren
HRW_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Aloha 12ren,

I am sorry that you did not have a better experience while visiting us. While you obviously liked our location and the convenience of it in regards to all the area activities our inability to improve your situation is both unfortunate and disappointing. I will be certain to share your comments with our operations team to review the poolside seating as well as the rooms.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night , came to Hawaii day early before leaving on a cruise. The front desk person -unfortunately I can’t remember her name was great. She upgraded us and we enjoyed every minute of it! Would have loved to stay longer.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

Aloha Jane Z,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am pleased that you had such a great experience while visiting us. We always welcome feedback and should you have any additional comments or questions about your visit, please email us at waikiki.regency@hyatt.com. We will use your comments to improve the guest experience. I hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

The Hyatt is currently under construction. So, one of the towers elevators are anything but convenient. Unfortunately, it was kind of a nuisance on our trip. But, it gave us the opportunity to meet with staff who had friendly faces and would sing songs while playing a Ukelele. Although it was inconvenient, the hotel did all it could to accomodate us. When me and my friend got inured badly from Kailua Beach Adventures, the hotel staff not only provided us with care, and bandages, but they checked in on us. The urgent care on the 4th floor even saw me to check out my leg, free of charge. Excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Citi- View aint bad! Views of RAINBOWS every single day :-) (clouds permitting!)
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family

Aloha Mariam,

Thank you for making our property your home away from home in Waikiki. We are honored to be your property of choice. Thank you also for all the kind words regarding our colleagues. I am sorry for the nuisance you felt from the elevator modernization project and thank you for recognizing that our colleagues are doing everything they can to minimize the impact of this on your stay. I am sorry to read that you were injured off property and thank you again for letting us know about the rapid and careful response you received from our team and the doctor's office. I am glad that we were there to assist you. I hope that you too will visit us again. In the meantime, please email us at waikiki.regency@hyatt.com should you have any questions or need our assistance in regards to your visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

stayed here during our 8 days holiday in Hawaii, great experience especially with 2 toddlers around!

pros:
- spacious room for superior room.
- free refill water on every floor
- pay higher and you get the beach views.
- just few steps away from waikiki beach, rental towel and chair are included in your rates.

cons:
not much really

Great experience!!!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
HRW_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Aloha djoex,

Reviewed December 4, 2017

I booked an "Ocean Front" room at the Hyatt Regency. This category of room is far more expensive than an "Ocean View" room but I wanted the Waikiki beach front as my view so I paid the premium.
Instead what I got was an "Ocean View" room passed off as "Ocean Front". That is to say instead of uninterrupted views of the ocean and beach my view was largely of the highway and of the construction sites next door and Yes I could see the beach to the left of the tower but hardly "Ocean Front" by any reasonable measure.
On arrival in my room I immediately called the desk to be moved but the same indifferent desk clerk that checked me in basically said tough luck you pre paid an we call that room Ocean front. The embarrassed bell man overheard this and said "Please wait a minute sir" He returned 2 mins later and said he had spoken to the manager and she would call me in a minute. Instead the same indifferent (and by now indignant) clerk called me and asked what was the problem now! I asked for the manager and he said she is busy so you cant talk to her (despite the bellman's efforts).
He finally said that he could move me in 2 days time to a room with an Ocean front view (I booked and paid for 7 nights) and told me to have my bags packed ready for the move. The day came and I was packed ready... but of course no move and no effort to talk to me and no apology. I will never return and I strongly advise you NOT to trust the hotel to honor the room category...especially once they have your money.
I have stayed in Waikiki many times as I use it as a stop over on my way back from the USA to Aust. Its back to the Surfrider for me from now on

Room Tip: get the room number range of your chosen room category and look them up on line
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnc19592017

Aloha johnc19592017,

I am very sorry that we disappointed you and that you were unhappy with your room view and the way we responded to your concerns. Our guests should always receive an empathetic ear when talking to our colleagues and I will be sure to bring your review to the attention of our front desk manager for further review and discussion with the front office team. Please do email us at waikiki.regency@hyatt.com if you would like to share more details about the experience or have other questions about your stay.