6,149 results
All reviews ewa tower across the street shor restaurant swim bar farmers market ocean view the diamond head tower the duke statue breakfast buffet resort fee large hotel waikiki resort beach chairs pool staff third floor our honeymoon lots of shops
Reviewed November 18, 2017

I spent two nights at this hotel on points after a conference. It was a great choice. Everyone was warm and welcoming, much in the Hawaii spirit. I was given an upgraded ocean view room and used one of my lounge access upgrades; the lounge access is well worth it as they have breakfast and hors d'oeuvres daily. I would say the pool is a bit small and crowded, but honestly, the beach is right across the street, so that's not a big issue. What's great are they have wrist bands that act as waterproof keys so if you want to go to the beach you just take the wrist band with you into the water and you don't have to worry about your valuables which should be safe in your hotel room.

Shout out to Mr. Doug Sears, the GM of the hotel, and Jun Sakakibara, the Guest Experience Manager. They both went out of their way to look for a misplaced iWatch after I left the hotel.

Thanks again for a great time and the great service.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank jechan83
HRW_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Aloha jechan83,

Mahalo nui loa for your loyalty to Hyatt and for selecting our property for your post-conference stay. I am pleased to read that you were happy with your decision and that you had such a wonderful experience at our resort and especially in the Regency Club Lounge. I will be sure to share your comments with Jun Sakakibara and Doug Sears - I know they will be thankful for the kind comments. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Beautiful place with just about everything one needs. PROS: staff is caring especially the security staff, good location to beach and beach entertainment. CONS: don’t expect too much as far as tv (mostly sports anything else forget it), our room was close to elevator, so noisy if you have good hearing, house keeping staff nice but no idea what time showing up, would have been nice if there was a hotel bus instead of having to take regular bus. Jacuzzi nice except for all the little kids swimming in it instead of the pool. No room for adults to relax

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Aloha metoo2017,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa and for your detailed review. This feedback will definitely assist us in addressing and improving some of our guest amenities. I am glad that overall you had a wonderful visit and that you felt so well cared for by our colleagues. I do regret you had issues with the TV channels. There should be standard in-room options such as news, movies and shows. I am also sorry that your room was not very quiet and that the Jacuzzi was too busy. These are noteworthy comments that again, I will share with our managers. Please do email us at waikiki.regency@hyatt.com if you have any questions or additional comments regarding your visit.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Reviewed November 15, 2017

The staff throughout this hotel was very friendly, but sad to see there was no extras for us as this was supposed to be a very special occasion for us. I just have a couple pros and cons:

pros:
-location is very convenient to beaches and shopping
-staff very friendly
-SHOR staff provided a delicious and friendly daily breakfast- the omelet station and chefs are amazing!

cons:
-it was a very special celebration for us as I noted in our hotel stay notes prior to arrival, but no recognition of this from any staff or our accommodation (i read about others getting some kind of recognition, but we got nothing even a verbal "congrats"/ even as WOH members)
-someone who stayed in our room prior to us must have cut their toenails in the balcony as it was left there in the balcony; it was cleaned up the next day but pretty unpleasant to discover :\
-elevator wait is LONG or crowded when busy (there has to be a better way!)
-theres a club that happens and it can get kinda loud

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
HRW_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Aloha travelingme198,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am sorry that we did not create a more positive experience for you, especially when you selected us for a special anniversary. There is no excuse for the oversight and I will make certain our team is aware of your disappointment. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in SHOR especially with our incredible omelet chefs - they are some of the most highly praised of all of our colleagues. I am also sorry that more care was not taken with your lanai and I will make sure our housekeeping managers are aware of your comments. We are working to upgrade the elevators and as each cab undergoes modernization it can create some longer waits. You may have noticed we have opened up additional back of house elevators to reduce the wait but we are also always looking for ways to improve this for our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences and this is being addressed. Please do email us at waikiki.regency@hyatt.com if you have any additional comments or questions for our guest services team. We will use all of your feedback to improve our services.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Second time here and still a great place to stay - prime location for sure and great updates! Love the farmer's market downstairs, lots to eat. I paid for a Regency Club ocean view room, a little disappointed. In order to see the ocean I would need to get in my balcony and stick my head out. I had an ocean view room last time without Regency Club and it was beautiful. At least this room was a spacious, very clean room and the bidet was interesting. Pool is small but then again you have an entire ocean just across the street. Parking is expensive and if you self park, prepare to get dizzy...since the lot is so small and you have to circle around to get to the different floors. Overall, will definitely consider coming back. It's still an amazing experience and the Regency Club is totally worth it!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Aloha JSMD19,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa for your return visit to Waikiki. We are honored that you have now selected our property twice for and that you will visit us again in the future. I am pleased to read that you took full advantage of the Regency Club Lounge and that you were really happy with the experience. A lot of our guests find the food selections and convenience to be an incredible amenity worth repeating. I will be sure to share all of your comments with our team about the room view and parking. Please do email us at waikiki.regency@hyatt.com should you want to talk to us about the view on your next visit or if you have any questions about your recent visit.