$364
$179
$314
$270
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

$188
Hilton.com
$254
$209
6,028 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The only thing that's Hyatt about this place is its name! When I stay at a Hyatt I expect little things like bathrobes, slippers, a stocked mini bar (with glasses and real coffee cups). Hyatt Regency Waikiki has none of this.

We were in a refurbished deluxe ocean front room - I'd hate to see the other rooms. It's a hotel that seems to be stuck in the 80's and I don't know what they can do other than a major refurbishment to bring it to the standards of Hyatt. I'm surprised Hyatt is happy to have its name attached to this property.

It's a noisy hotel - probably because of the design. The doors to the rooms are congregated in a u shape (4 of them) and there seems little insulation so when someone comes or goes you get the pleasure of slamming doors. And on the subject of design - who on earth designed the bathrooms! There is one small room with a shower and toilet then you go into a "dressing room" with basin, carpet on the floor and no door....so much for privacy. All they'd need to do is rip the carpet up, replace with tiles and put a door in and it'd actually resemble a bathroom.

While I'm at it, it surprises me that their bathroom product range is scented with eucalyptus. The smell of eucalyptus reminds me of colds and blocked noses. When I'm in Hawaii, I'd expect the toiletries to reflect the smells of the tropics - coconut, pineapple, that sort of stuff....not a cough lozenge!

On the up side, the position was great as were the views but that's not enough to compensate for the disappointment of a very ordinary hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tvlerSydney
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Hyatt's customer service in regards to my stay last weekend-- I did not mention that at the time I was checking in there was also another lady complaining about how they lost her 7nt stay reservation, or the woman who had a bathroom that was filthy, it seems this hotel has lots of issues- I took pictures of how filthy the room was but I have decided against posting the pics... unless i get an overwhelming response that I should:

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki. I was looking forward to a great weekend. I am a Hawaii state resident and had been given a gift certificate for a one night stay at the resort. Since I do not get to Oahu often, I was really looking forward to a wonderful stress free weekend. I had originally planned to extend my stay for an additional night, but due to the numerous lapses in service I decided against that.

My short stay began when I approached the reception desk at 7:30pm. I attempted to check-in but was told my room was not ready due to an "emergency". I was immediately taken aback by this as your hotel website guarantees check in at 3pm. The woman at the front desk was semi-apologetic she brought me cold water to soften the blow, but I was not pleased. She asked me if I had bedding preference I said "King, but I would take anything that was ready". I asked about an upgrade to a room that was ready, but was informed that the city view room was what I had booked and nothing else was available to me. She told me the room would be ready in 20 mins. She asked me what she could do to make the situation better. I informed her to have my room ready, since that option wasn't available, she offered me a $25 resort credit. I laughed at how insulting this was, and I told her to comp my valet parking for the evening. Which she did. I informed her I had dinner plans at 8:30pm and she promised the room would be ready by 8pm. She suggested I go to the bar near the pool to wait. I asked her to hold my bag at the front desk until I came back. I returned to the desk 25 mins later to find that my room was STILL NOT READY! She apologized again and said she will contact a housekeeping manager. She was informed it would be an addition 10 minutes. My frustrations were growing, and I informed the receptionist that this was unacceptable. I had just dealt with a 4 hour flight delay and all I wanted to do is shower and change clothes and enjoy and evening out with friends. I was offered the spa to utilize which i declined because I did not want to move all my belongings multiple times. Then to add insult to injury, I was offered to be sent to a DIRTY ROOM. I could not believe she actually offered this as a feasible option, I informed her that I wanted to go to a clean room. I was then offered a $50 hotel credit which I accepted, but did not diminish the gravity of the situation. I was finally informed the room was ready 10-12 mins later, and handed the keys. I went to the room, which ended up having two beds, upon an cursory inspection I found numerous imperfections that were unacceptable even to the standard of Best Western. The sheets on one of the beds were visibly torn, there was hair (each between 4-8 inches long)and sand on the bathroom floor and in the bathtub, hair and dust inside and on top the hair dryer. There was a hair pin found on the carpet near the bathroom as well as one found on the balcony (as well as a penny). The telephone on the desk did not work at all, and there was hair on the face and hand towels. Frankly I would have have expected these conditions from a hostel but not a hotel of the Hyatt's caliber. After seeing all of these I decided against taking a shower and just changed my clothes. I realized that I had left my bag at the front desk, and called them to send the bag to my room. I sensed apprehension in the voice of the woman i spoke with, but was assured it would be sent up. After waiting 15-20 mins I headed down to the desk to retrieve the bag myself. I asked the receptionist for my bag (this was the same woman I had dealt with at check-in). She had informed me that I had just missed the bellman, and he was probably at my room right now. Upon inspection of the area she noticed that my bag was actually still sitting at the desk. She was visibly embarassed by the situation, but never apologized for the inconvenience. I informed her that I was changing and leaving in approximately 25 mins, I asked her to send housekeeping back to my room to clean and change the sheets. She said she would.

I left for that evening around and returned some time after midnight, I decided to take my car out of valet to drop of my friends. There was no one there we spoke with the hotel operator and they sent the bellman out. I gave him my valet number but he was unable to locate my car keys. It took almost 20 minutes for my keys to be located. My name had been spelled incorrectly (RIVAS) on the tag as well as the tag number wasn't the same, and the incorrect room number. I specifically remember giving my name to the gentleman who took my car when I checked in, and he in fact asked me how to spell my name. So I was surprised at how all these mistakes could have happened. The bellman took notice that the person who originally parked my car did not write what floor of the garage it was on so it would take a while for him to locate the vehicle. After several more minutes of waiting my car was finally located and I was able to leave. My friend's and myself were in disbelief of all the events that had happened to me that night in regards to staying at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki.

Upon return to my hotel room that night I found that housekeeping had not come by and the room was still dirty. I did not feel comfortable in the room, and slept fully clothed due to my uncertainty of the cleanliness of the bedding. That morning I was awaken by the harsh knocks of housekeeping at 8:25am. Before I had a chance to get out of the bed, I could hear the room attendant leave and say sorry multiple times, though she never entered the room, I thought it ridiculous that she would knock, when she should have known I was checking out that morning. I ended up ordering room service and was interrupted again by housekeeping that morning at 9:30am. This time I made it to the door and informed her to leave me alone, and that I would check out in a few hours. I ended up having to clean the shower myself that morning, since it had not been done the night prior. After a thorough cleaning and inspection of my towels stray hairs. I was able to finally shower, and depart the hotel.

I went to the desk to check out, and I had an outstanding balance of about 14 dollars. I informed the receptionist that I felt for all the inconveniences I had experienced that the hotel should cover the remaining balance. She told me that I would need to speak to a manager. I waited for him, and explained my story to him. It seemed as if he had been reading from a script because his apologies were disingenuous, and he didn't even try to make eye contact or even look at me as I listed the series of appalling and substandard events that occurred during my ill-fated stay. In the end he took care of the remaining charges, but I still left the hotel with a very sour taste in my mouth, and with a severely tarnished view of Hyatt brand.

When I informed my friends and colleagues that I was staying at the Hyatt for the weekend, everyone said how great the Hyatt hotels are and they set my expectations high. After staying at the hotel, my view of the hotel would be similar to that of staying in a place where people don't care much for their product, or how they treat their customers. Frankly the accommodations and service I received I would not offer to someone I would invite to stay at my own house. I would at least have the decency to give them a play to stay with fresh and intact sheets, a clean bathroom, and a warm and friendly welcome. All of which I never received while I was at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. I am in the hospitality industry so I understand that sometimes things slip through the cracks, but I also know that when it does happen someone usually tried to make up for the stay. The answer is not just throwing an impish $25-$50 credit to solve the problem. I feel that the total lack of service and hospitality is lacking from that property. Though I was not paying for the room, I should have been given the respect of any other customer staying at the hotel. Prior to my stay at the hotel I had inquired about extending my stay for an additional night (which of course I would have paid for), I had even inquired about extending my stay when I checked in. Of course that did not materialize due to the unsatisfactory stay I experienced. I was forced to relocate to the Hilton Hawaiian Village which was a vastly superior experience. It's sad that when I returned to work after my weekend in Waikiki, the answer I give starts with "disastrous" and ends with Hyatt. At this point in time I would not recommend any friend or family member to stay at your properties. If a hotel is willing to disrespect it's patrons in such an egregious manner, especially in harsh economic climate we are currently experiencing in Hawaii, I feel they are not worth my patronage or that of my valued friends, families,or most abhorred enemy.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
10  Thank hawaiitrvlr
Reviewed August 20, 2009

It is more than fair to say that the Hyatt Regency Waikiki played a BIG part in ensuring that we had an amazing honeymoon. Whilst the hotel is huge and caters for very many people we always felt that the service was personal, attentive to our needs and so very friendly and welcoming. We were delighted to find on our arrival that we had been upgraded to an ocean view room and to be given breakfast vouchers and complimentary champagne.

We arrived at about 10pm and were checked in and in our room in less than 10 minutes - perfect after a long journey from the UK. The facilities, shops and restaurants on site were amazing and catered well to all of our needs. As for the location, yes, there is a road to cross to get to the beach, but to all intents and purposes it feels as though it IS on the beach. I can't see how the Hyatt could ever be criticised for it's location.

When, not if, we go back to Oahu we will for sure be planning some time at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alp078
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Nightmare! Nightmare! Nightmare!

Location - Not on the beach! They are across the street, but no matter how you exit the hotel you have to walk down the street and across. For the price you pay, go down the street and get something ON the beach.

Check-in - stood in line for 30 minutes BEFORE it was our turn.

We booked for our 10 year anniversary...one king...received 2 twins. In their 2 tower/42 floor facility they could not find us a room (checked in right on time), with a king bed...in a bad economy! They were so rude about it, and Hyatt customer service hung up on me!

When we finally got to our room, we were on the 20th floor. The sliding glass door was off it's track, and it was jammed...open. The wind noise was so bad we couldn't hear each other talk. We called down several times with no answer. We finally got someone to answer, and they said the wind noise was normal. Called again when it was so loud we couldn't stand it, and explained that it was jammed shut, which is a major safety concern, they FINALLY sent someone up. You have to see my pictures...we had to tuck towels into the door. The second day the maid opened the door and broke it again, so we had to tape a note to the door.

Last complaint - you have to pay for EVERYTHING! Who charges for internet these days...in a bad economy. Please Hyatt - give me a break.

By the way, this is the third bad Hyatt experience we have had in a year - STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Luv2VacationForever
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Stayed for around 7 nights in a ocean view room and it was fantastic. The service was good and the breakfast was even better. We could have stayed eating omelette's from the omelette's station all day.

Room service was good and everything was clean and tidy and well presented! They don't have a beach front (you have to cross the road). but you can still borrow towls and beach mats and enjoy a great day on waikiki beach

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple