6,105 results
All reviewsewa toweracross the streetshor restaurantswim barfarmers marketocean viewthe diamond head towerthe duke statuebreakfast buffetresort feelarge hotelwaikiki resortbeach chairspool staffthird floorour honeymoonlots of shops
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Flip Flop Workshop is a retail shop located within the Hyatt Regency Arcade. Excellent activity if you are feeling creative and want to make yourself a unique pair of flip flops. I made four different pairs to take home as gifts for my niece and daughter in laws ... Oh and I made a pair for myself too! Great fun and a good idea. Staff are helpful and patient.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shebz1719
Reviewed August 27, 2014

we upgraded to executive club access but found the ameneties, food and coffee were really not worth the extra cost. However, our room had a great view of the beach and ocean and was way above the other buildings. We werent in the DIamond tower but still happy with postion. No sun into the room at all which we would have liked but heaps on the beach so again no biggy. Breakfast was usual buffet, nice with awful coffee. Pay for a capacinno and they would go and get it from the automatic expresso machine from the executive club lounge right next door. One great thing was how they let you take food in a container for later, saving you having to by lunch. We were overcharged greatly for room and executive access at end of stay but after much discussion this was reduced.Check in and check out does take a long time even if you are "express". the bus pick ups for booked tours is a bit dogdy as you wait out the side road and have no idea who you have to go with and the pick up drivers dont know who they ahve to get ether. some sort of sign or wrist stickers would be a better option to help ensure all get to go on tours and not miss the transport pick up. Tours were organised speedily and well though, helicopter ride around the island with no doors was awesome as was hiring a convertable mustang...both a must do

Room Tip: higher floors so you can see the beach..ocean view is only from the balcony, must upgrade to full beach view, Diamond Tower seems to be a more popular choice. Must do is Waikeli Markets, forgive spelling, this is a true factory outlet with amazing pricing on designer labels. No one told us about this exceot we saw one guy with a yellow sign at night..Bargains Bargains Bargains
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Aloha pickledcactus4215,

Thank you for sharing a review of your stay. We are sorry you were not more pleased with the Regency Club rooms and amenities and will definitely share your comments regarding the coffee. We hope that you also expressed your feelings while you were on property so the issue could be addressed at the time and staff could better assess what it was about the beverage that you did not like. Your comments will also be shared with the tour desk services team. While the tours are operated by independent companies your recommendations will be helpful for the operators.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

This hotel is pretty nice, but it has some faults (is there any 'perfect' hotel?). My room was in the Diamond Head tower with a partial ocean view - which meant that I had to go out on the small balcony and lean over the railing to see the water!! But I had a great view of Diamond Head. Unfortunately, I had a room right next to the elevators and those things sound like a freight train going up and down! According to the front desk, some elevators are 'shut down' at night to allow the guests to get some sleep - but I could still hear the 'train' all night! The good thing - I eventually got used to the noise and was able to sleep through the noise! (I was there for 9 nights.) I had asked at the desk if there was some other room I could be moved to, but the only options I was given was to be moved to the other tower to a room where the balcony was 'closed' because of renovations. When I checked out, I was comped the 'resort fee' for a couple of nights for my inconvenience - but I think I would have preferred some other comp - like a voucher to the restaurant or one of the many shops inside the hotel!
As for the location - this hotel is right across the street from Waikiki beach! And you can check out beach chairs and towels from the hotel and walk across the street and enjoy the beautiful water and gorgeous sunsets! There are plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance to the hotel - although the International Market Place was closed, I heard they were creating another shopping experinece in the same location.
If you do have a car and you 'self-park' - be aware that parking is NOT free and it's NOT convenient! The parking ramp can be treacherous at times going through all the turns to get through the levels - and if a car is coming in the opposite direction from you, then someone will have to back up and get out of the way! The parking spots are narrow, so be aware of door dings!

Overall, the staff at the concierge desk and front desk were helpful and friendly. I would stay here again because the rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable, and the location was convenient.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms next to the elevator!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bkgrigsby725

Aloha bkgrigsby725,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We do regret the disturbances from the elevator and that you were unable to move locations and will share your comment regarding the resort fee comp vs. credit for other locations in the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our location, beach amenities and the services from the concierge and front desk and shared your post with our associates.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had requested an upgrade a few days prior to my arrival from a partial ocean view to an ocean view. Upon my arrival the front desk guy told me that there were no ocean rooms available. I then went to Hyatt.com and they showed that ocean rooms were available for my dates. I went back to the same guy a few minutes later and told him that their own website showed it available. He then told me he would be right back. He went to the back for a few minutes and came back and said that they do have ocean rooms but had no balcony access. He then asked me if I wanted the upgrade. Why did he tell me they had none but in fact they did when I called him out on it. Not sure why not being truthful from the beginning. Had problems with the first 2 sets of keys and could not get into room. At this point I fuming!! The room is brand new and great. And a great partial ocean view. We checked in on August 24 which is a Sunday. At 9am the next morning the drilling started on the floor above and has not stopped except for night time. I had asked at check in if my room was away from any floor having renovations as I had read past reviews and was aware of the noise going on in the hotel. He told me I would have no problem. Again the front desk guy failed on being honest. Then last night received a notice under my door that they are replacing he door handle and installing a new locking system. Now I will have to go downstairs for a third time for a third set of keys. In room 3205, a new room and is great. I just can't hear myself think due to the NONSTOP drilling above.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel is perfectly fine on most respects. But you want to know the downsides.
The real disappointment is the slow and patchy WIFI. It's part of a whopping $25 per night resort fee, so you really have to expect better connectivity.
Included with your $25 fee you also get two bottles of water a day and some other stuff that frankly you likely won't be using like the tiny pool.
Having walked around Waikiki, checking out other hotels it's safe to say this is no "resort," making that fee downright galling and made worse by the bad internet.

• Stayed: August 2014
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Aloha Mattspeed3,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are sorry you did not have better connectivity with the WiFi and that it contributed to your overall disappointment. We are working on improving the WiFi and upgrades are already being made in all the newly remodeled rooms. Our staff should have been able to assist you to find some sort of resolution whether it be from IT or a removal or reduction in fees. Your comment does not state if you made any inquiries to our associates while you were on property but we will be certain to share your remarks about the value of the services with our team.