You know,it's kind of funny...places seem to come and go out of favor for me. I know some others like this as well. I'm really not sure sometimes why I start to drift from one "regular" place to another. Something just changes, sometimes tangible sometimes not. Maybe it's just because the destination is so busy it's difficult to stay at the same place all the time, especially with short notice. After being a loyal follower of another brand, the Hyatt Waikiki is currently my venue of choice for travel to Honolulu.
So whats the point of all of that dribble above? Well, it's really to highlight that in this ever changing environment its great location, and more importantly the fantastic staff that keeps me coming back to the Hyatt! The general Waikiki area has a -lot- of hotel choices. And you know what? They stay pretty busy. Tourism is obviously a major draw to the area and the ebbs and flows of that industry tend dictate both availability and rates. The Hyatt and the contacts I have established have proven to be a tremendous help in my travel. They go out of their way to get me a room even when occupancy is high. I often travel with other team members and they apply that same level of amazing service to them as well. I value this service above and beyond so many other things. Sometimes it's the simple things that make a difference.
The property here is centrally located in the world famous Waikiki Beach part of Honolulu. Walk right across the street and you are surfing, laying on the beach, swimming or people watching. (and there are some real characters out there!) The hotel itself offers some great amenities like a nice pool with a connected bar, hot tub, private cabanas and more. Wonderful restaurant choices on property as well from Shor to Japengo to the awesome Kai Coffee shop on the ground floor. Lots of shopping options on the ground floor as well as a farmers market twice a week.
The place is busy, especially in summer so be patient. There is also a big remodel happening now so that can cause some delays with elevators, and other functions. This should take care of some comments I read saying it's not up to Hyatt standards.
Rooms are good sized and clean, but definitely ready for the remodel that is happening now. All of the rooms have a nice lanai and are functional despite the slightly odd layout. I will say on the higher floors it can sometimes get a bit noisy as the wind blows the sliding doors. Hoping this will improve as the remodel is completed. Things have a way of starting to creak, moan and rattle as they get older. Not that I would know anything about that :)
In summary, I would strongly recommend the Hyatt Regency Waikiki for your consideration. I know I will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the excitement of Waikiki from one incredible location. Steps from the azure blue waters and soft sands of Waikiki Beach, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa offers magnificent personalized services and luxurious amenities including world-class dining, award-winning spa, interactive cultural activities, 24-hour fitness center, swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and more than 60 on-site boutiques. The resort provides the perfect place for those who want to make the most of their island experience and connect with the heart of Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splitty, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu