6,141 results
All reviews ewa tower across the street shor restaurant swim bar farmers market ocean view the diamond head tower the duke statue breakfast buffet resort fee large hotel waikiki resort beach chairs pool staff third floor our honeymoon lots of shops
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Loved the hotel - great spacious modern rooms, hotel was less than 2 mins from the beach and surrounded by shops. Staff were friendly and helpful can't fault this hotel in any way. Doesn't have the feel of a hotel as it's very spread out but that doesn't bring any fault to the hotel. Nearby zoo in walking distance and plenty of frozen yoghurt places to eat! Great place for a night time walk as it gets very busy with stalls and entertainment for tourists!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Richard L
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Aloha Richard ,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is an excellent place to stay when visiting Honolulu. The hotel is very centrally located and is maybe in the most ideal place for Waikiki Beach. Our room which was located on the 32nd floor had great views, was large, and very quiet. Most obvious though is the staff working there who go above and beyond to make you comfortable. Checking in, Dan was overly helpful and friendly and made us feel more than welcome, in the regency club, the staff was superb and provided superior customer service. At the pool they give you chairs and towels for the beach across the street, , and everyone does their job with a big smile. You are within walking distance to many restaurants close by and the food at the hotel is excellent. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is; The room is dated and needed to be modernized and did smell a bit like mildew. We called up about the smell and the engineer pulled out a filter that looked like it had not been changed for years and that did help. Also the pool is very small and was extremely crowded when we were there. The parking garage across the street is an adventure is dodging other cars and finding a spot.

Room Tip: get a high, ocean view room if possible
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank clermontcane
lvans, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and for all the kind comments regarding our associates. Your post has been shared with all. We do regret the issues you experienced in the room, pool and with parking. We are undergoing a room remodel and we hope that you will visit again in the future and that your stay leaves you even more satisfied.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Positive: The staff is lovely. Everyone was either friendly or went out of their way to make our stay nicer. This included the front desk, housekeeping, lounge staff, and pool staff. They embody the Hawaiian spirit in many ways.
Neutral: Location in the heart of Waikiki. So everything is convenient, but it's also very touristy.
Negative: The infrastructure could use some improvement. Noise insulation isn't very good. For example, I heard every shower my neighbors took. The doors all slam with a loud thud. Wifi did not work in my room. The latter is particularly inexcusable nowadays at any modern hotel.
Elite member treatment: Above and beyond. As a Diamond we were upgraded from a Waikiki View to an Ocean View room. A box of chocolates arrived as a turn-down amenity one night. Diamonds also get extra perks such as cocktails at the Regency Lounge and waiver of the resort fee. Very well done.

Bottom line: If I returned to Waikiki I would stay here. The people are just plain wonderful. I will also note that the hotel is being remodeled, so hopefully the infrastructure will improve over time.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SFOPhD

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay. We are pleased to read that you received the service you have come to expect from Hyatt and we will be certain to share your kind remarks with our associates. We are sorry that you had any issues with the wifi. You are correct, the system is being upgraded during our remodel. We hope that you will return again in the future and let us know what you think of the changes.

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a Regency Club room on the Diamond head tower. Room was very well sized and had an excellent ocean view. This hotel is a great location without being near the late night noise. Being a Hyatt diamond member at this hotel gets resort fee waived, Regency Club use, and free cocktails until nine. Staff in the club is what sets a stay in this hotel apart, as they make an effort to learn your name (and even your favorite drink ).

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Aloha J Q,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and sharing your comments about the Regency Club Lounge experience. We are glad that our team made this a special visit for you and we have sent your comments with the Lounge Manager to share with all of the associates.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Dreams Come True-in Blue Hawaii! Hawaii always beckons and welcomes visitors with open arms, and after 2 weeks of typhoons in the Philippines and a week of super heat and humidty in Japan, I was very happy to come to paradise where the weather was perfect (before Hurricane Iselle and Julio)! Since the flight arrived from Tokyo at 9am, I was bummed to find out that of course no rooms were yet available at the Hyatt, since people never want to leave! I put my bags by the porter, and even though it was there by the street, I felt that my luggage and computer/passport will be safe, which it was. The porter allowed me to change to island wear so I could be more comfortable after an 8 hour flight. The very nice front desk agent Sonia checked me in, gave me a lei but broke the sad news that no rooms were ready at the Diamond Head Tower, away from the other one Ewa where all the construction was going on. I spent the next 5 hours walking around with jetlag checking the new Ross and H&M and bemoaning the loss of the iconic International Marketplace as it was, before it becomes the new high end place scheduled to open in 2016 as a Saks 5th. At 3pm, I finally get to my room on the 9th floor with a balcony that looks directly into Duke Hamonoku's statue and Waikiki Beach, high enough to not hear all the street noise, but not high enough to see Diamond Head that is obstructed by the Hyatt parking structure next door. What a relief! I turned on the aircon and slept very soundly in the big bed. Hyatt's rooms are huge, this could easily fit more people because of it's octagonal(?) construction. There were 4 doors next to each other so I wondered how each room in a pod can have so much space. The bathroom, closet is spacious and has lovely spa toiletries, except those hard plastic bottles are difficult to squeeze. They also provide toothpaste, which was nice!
The room has a fridge, coffeemaker with Hawaiian coffee, blowdryer, large flat screen TV, a nice workdesk with free wifi, and of course the big balcony.
The ground floor of the hotel is an arcade with shops, restaurants, a waterfall and caged birds. The second floor has the front desk, spa and ABC store, and the third floor has the Shor restaurant, pool/jacuzzi, Swim bar. I love the open air construction of the hotel that allows the breeze to come in and guests to see the action on the beach. These 2 towers are iconic and cannot be missed, and is only a few steps to the beach, Intl Marketplace and shopping on Kalakaua on the right, the zoo and Diamond Head on the left, and the bars on Kuhio.
It was a good central place to be and to meet all your friends who live there because you can entertain them in the Hyatt's restaurants or in your room which had plenty of space. To avoid the parking fee, they can park at the zoo, unless you eat at the restaurants and get the ticket validated.
I love the hotel's Hawaiian centric theme-there are displays of Hawaiian artifacts, photos and history around the hotel although it is easy to miss that amidst all the hustle and bustle.
On my last night, I had an issue regarding billing on my checkout, minutes after ABC closed and hours before my shuttle to the airport arrived to pick me up. But front desk agent Shane understood and fixed it immediately-he was awesome. My kudos to him and all the staff there!
I've stayed at many hotels in Waikiki, and the Hyatt remains my favorite.
I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Get a high floor on the Diamond Head Tower to see Diamond Head. Stay away from all the construction on the Ewa Beach Tower!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank RichieSel
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Aloha RichieSel,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we thank you for providing so many details for other readers. You comments regarding the porter, Sonia, and Shane have also been shared with the associates and their supervisors. We look forward to serving you again.