“Lacks sufficient free Wifi”

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Although there is limited free WiFi now in the rooms it is still less than what a low priced chain hotel offers for free. Its a step in the right direction but the hotel is still trying to get customers to upgrade to pay wifi. The rest of the hotel is awesome and the service is excellent. Boogie boards and Tommy Bahama beach chairs are free to use for guests.

Room Tip: Please try not to get a room backing onto the elevators as we did have to move rooms once because of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry that your wi-fi had such a negative effect on what was otherwise a pleasant stay. We have shared your comments and concerns with our IT department and they have informed us that an upgrade of the system we currently are using will be coming within the year. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Mahalo

Write a ReviewReviews (5,633)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We spent 7 nights here and it was completely fantastic. Great location, close to beach, transport, etc. Rooms were very spacious, a little dated but very comfortable. Room service was great. Bed was really comfortable. All of the staff we met were fantastic. I would definitely stay here again for our next trip!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha,

Thank you for the terrific review. We are glad to read that you had such an enjoyable visit and will stay with us again in the future. We will be certain to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I arrived at the Na Ho'ola spa 1 1/2 hours before my Lomilomi appt. I was given a quick tour of the spa, then led to the womans locker room, shown to my locker, and was fitted with spa slippers and a very comfortable robe.... Inside the womans locker room, are many showers, 2 toilets, lots of amenities, including hair dryers, mouthwash, qtips, the list goes on and on... Also, the locker room is equip with sauna ... and a quiet area to relax.. I made my way down to the sun deck, about 6 loungers with nice soft blankets line this deck... Also, well equip with Hot tea, Coffee, ice cold lemon water ... magazines to read. Bliss..... 15 minutes before my massage, I made my way up to the waiting lounge, more Tea, Coffee, Ice water available.. Derwin met me, and led me to the massage room, while we were walking over, he asked me about my preference for the massage,,, explained the Lomilomi massage, also asked about my past massage experiences.... from the moment I was was let into the room, till the moment, Derwin placed a yummy cookie beside me, I was in a Blissful state...
Overall, It was Amazing, and I cannot wait till my next visit... I joined the Kamaaina special, of 120 usd, this includes discounts to the spa, also free valet parking... The only negative thing I can think of, is , there is no swimming pool available to spa only customers.. the pool is only open to hotel guests... I hope in the future.. the pool will be available to us Spa customers..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Aloha,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your visit to Na Ho'ola Spa. We are glad that you enjoyed your treatment and will be returning using your kama'aina membership. We have shared your kind comments with our Spa Director.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is kind of look classic for me, which is wooden, brown. and inside the Hotel it is like a small shopping mall, and you can see the water fall decoration. Made the place full of the felling of romantic!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked two nights with the hotel. Very pleasant stay.

Pros: the location is great. Beach is just across the street and shopping The room is very spacious and has a perfect view for the beach. Free wifi. Easy to book tours. We booked a tour to Kuai, great garden island! All staffs are very friendly.

Cons: the bathroom is small.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean view room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank toto11toto

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, room size, view, and service. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and hope you will visit again in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Having been a Gold Passport member since 1992, I have stayed in dozens of Hyatt properties. But for overall service and hospitality, this might have been my best experience. Staying in the Regency Club does help, and Mark, Michellin, and associates were perfect managers of the club. Always friendly, always helpful, always willing to go to the limit to serve their guests, this hotel rates a "10" for service. The room was clean, large, and we had a view of Waikiki and Diamond Head. Since many of the hotel guests are from Japan, the hotel is basically bilingual. Concierge service is also available in the Regency Club. And we were given first class treatment there also. Yes the pool is smallish. But there is good service there too.

I can be a tough customer when travel vendors fall short. Especially on service. But everywhere we ventured in the hotel, the staff were polite, friendly, and competent. My best rating for them.

Room Tip: If you can, go for the Regency Club.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B

Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable experience on your recent visit. We have shared your kind remarks with all of the Regency Club Lounge staff and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and was mostly happy with my stay. This hotel is across the street from Waikiki, so a quiet spot it is not. If you happen to be there on a Thursday there's a great farmer's market in the lobby in the afternoon, the food is good. Breakfast here is pricey, but the variety is good. Tip: Lots of breakfast places close by, so if you're on a budget you should eat out of hotel.

Room was large and clean, nice balcony so no complaints. I ate at both Japengo and Shor, Japengo is delicious, Shor merely ok. Again, budget eaters should leave the hotel. My only complaint is that the lunch options are poor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Aloha,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay specifically the location, cleanliness, Farmers Market and Japengo. We do regret you were not equally satisfied with SHOR and SWIM. We have shared your comments with the Director of Food and Beverage for additional review and discussion.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.